No Dust Case

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
I'm not sure if this is even possible but is there a iPhone 3G case that doesn't collect dust and dirt between in inside of the case and the outter phone shell? This always scratches my phone.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I'm thinking the Otterbox Defender might be worth a look.

reilly09

Bronze
Apr 14, 2009
West Virginia
I got an Otterbox Defender series case and I love it. The only problem is it is a little bulky and takes away from the sleekness of the iPhone. I just got a switcheasy rebel case today and it is very nice. I don't know yet about preventing dust yet. The Otterbox is definitely the best protector for the iPhone. I use that case when I am riding my bike or I know I may be in a "sketchy" situation like at work. But when I am just running around or at home, I am going to use my rebel case.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I'm looking for something similar. I currently have the incase slider but dust gets i resulting in scratches! I need something sleek and plastic, not rubber, that keeps the dust out. Anyone have any ideas?

infxx

Feb 16, 2009
Houston, Tx
I have a buddy that has the otterbox defender case, and its definitely a good case but the silicon outer part is a lint collector. watch some vids on youtube so you can get an idea of how the case is like. it will keep the lint from getting in the inside but it makes up for it on the outside... overall its a really good case if you work outside.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I cannot recommend any case higher than the Speck CandyShell. This case has a hard plastic exterior coupled with a soft rubber interior, as to not scratch the phone. It seems literally impossible my iPhone would ever get scratched in this case. The iPhone does not "slide around" by any means, and there is no way rubber is going to scratch your iPhone.

Hands down my only recommendation for iPhone 3G cases...and I've been through a LOT of cases..

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/iphone-3g/162

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I cannot recommend any case higher than the Speck CandyShell. This case has a hard plastic exterior coupled with a soft rubber interior, as to not scratch the phone. It seems literally impossible my iPhone would ever get scratched in this case. The iPhone does not "slide around" by any means, and there is no way rubber is going to scratch your iPhone.

Hands down my only recommendation for iPhone 3G cases...and I've been through a LOT of cases..

which color do you have? could you post some pictures?

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I'm noticing the dust collecting on the sides of the incase slider. I think I'm going to take one of those dust-attracting wipes and run it over it once a day. That should do the trick.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
need protection! I'm naked atm . Looking for a case! I might go and buy an invade slider or the candyshell.. Still deciding..

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Candyshell or Rebel Case?

I went to the Apple Store today and 2 of the employees had the Candyshell case and raved about it. Before today, I had never heard of it. One of the guys showed me where his case was scuffed when he dropped it and his iPhone is okay. I was going to either get that or the Rebel http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php .