NO edge service, AT&T says they are aware? Anyone else?

robby69

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Anyone else experience this?

I started getting an error message on my iPhone today saying "you are not subscribed to edge"
I called AT&T, and after getting transferred to tech support, then said they were aware of it and there was a widespread outage. They could either turn edge back on and I would be charged at a per kb rate and they would credit me back when it was fixed, or edge could remain off and I would receive a phone call when service was restored.

I couldn't do the per KB charge since I am on a pay as you go plan.

I asked if there were any plans to credit me back for those days that I had paid for unlimited edge and not able to use it, they said no.. since they are agreeing to credit back per KB charges...Stupid AT&T

robby69

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
where are you? usually their outages are restricted to a general area. i have no problem with edge in boston.
central illinois.. the weird thing is that rep said he could turn on edge (so I assume it IS working), but I would be charged at per KB rate and credited until the unlimited was working..

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
central illinois.. the weird thing is that rep said he could turn on edge (so I assume it IS working), but I would be charged at per KB rate and credited until the unlimited was working..
That seems a bit unlikely. If that does happen, then once you get the bill I would highly suggest contacting AT&T and complaining profusely. I'm still getting full service and EDGE down in Florida. Maybe it's weather related.

Jul 25, 2007
San Diego

i activated my iPhone in central illinois, it took me hours before i got my first signal, i litterally drove around while i had the att/Apple tech guy on the phone telling me if i was in a good coverage area or not... stupid illinois.

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
in ny and its working fine as usual. Hopefully your edge will get turned back on soon because I wouldn't want to pay for edge since it can be very slow at times.