No folders in my email? What the heck?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Ibrahim Allaf, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

I am really mad that such basic features are either missing or non existent in Apple's great iOS! the iPhone is my first Apple product but things like the trouble I had with switching my iTunes store account frmo the UAE one to the USA being harder than builing a time machine...and now this..

I have spent the past hour reading online threads of similar issue but the solutions they mention for me to select my IMAP subscribed folder to Inbox is not there in my settings so I am assuming those are outdated settings.

how on earth do I get my iCloud and Gmail folder to be displayed?

2. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

oh crap! no I see I had to click on the iCloud or Gmail icon under Accounts FFS to see my folder rather under Inbox which the normal huan being with an IQ level above 99 would be.

This is gonna be my last iCrap phone! annoying POS

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Strange , as just entering the basic info for both gmail and iCloud shows all the folders...Spam,saved, starred etc...

Sent using iCafe app

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

So you learn something about iOS and its a POS phone / iCrap?

Sent using iCafe app

5. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

Not that man but I am an advanced cell phone user I consider myself and am very tech savvy and it took me an hour of reading online and fiddling around with the phone till I found it

I mean was the developer drunk when he decided to put the email folders under Accounts rather than e-mail?

Switching your account from one country to the other is a nightmare, had to change my address, credit card details, phone number, and was getting session expired errors...email Apple, they send me some bullshit FAQ instructions that are outdated and are not relevant to the current iTunes section and they wouldn't change my account for me manually...it took me like 3 days just to switch my country and start downloading my apps!

Going back to BlackBerry the moment the Q10 hits the market!

6. Richu75

Richu75 New Member

Unless you are staring at the unified inbox.

Better brace yourself, BB10 has unified just about everything.
    I'm looking at one now, what the hell are texts and twitter updates doing in my inbox?

#6 Richu75, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014