No great upgrades apart from faster processor

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by rugved1118, Sep 15, 2014.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello,
    I always wonder why does Apple come up new models every year with not much great innovation apart from faster processor ? I guess, even if Apple come up with new model after every two years BUT have drastic changes in new ones as compared to the previous ones then it will still survive in the market. No doubt, even now there is Nobody to beat apple though.
    For e.g.: Apple iPhone 5s should have been launched with M7 processor having 2 ghz and 2 gb RAM because by the time other company comes out with such configuration would take approx 1.5 years.

However, apple can launch new ios every year.

This is just my opinion. Any inputs from you guys is always welcome !!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

-- iphone5, iphone4 and ipad2-wifi+3G

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

<sigh> And that's my opinion. ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. iprncess

iprncess Member
    Bronze

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. That's my opinion.

Apple: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus Preorders Broke Records

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus appear to have broken all prior iPhone preorder sales records, moving a whopping four million units in just 24 hours. The new iPhones went on sale Friday, September 12...

4. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

There is only so much you can do with a rectangle and apple has reached the point of refinement and still comes out with designs that while aren't groundbreakingly different are sleeker and more user friendly. Look at cars. Sometimes models from year to year have very little in the ways of design changes. Some even go a decade before a radical change is made, yet we expect it in our phones every year, with less design options than a car.

#4 CASEACE79, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Larger screen, faster, better battery life, NFC, Pay, better camera, and more! What did you expect? Most of the great new features are in the new operating system of iOS 8. I'm excited. I'm sorry your expectations were too high. Now you will not be able to enjoy what you have!

6. iprncess

iprncess Member
    Bronze

I read this in an article earlier:

" At this point, most of the major smartphone innovation has come and gone; now companies are down to refining the experience until the next big thing arrives. So when spending hard-earned money on a smartphone, consumers are (hopefully!) going to pick the one that best meets their personal needs. The “best” handset on the market is the one that works best for you."

I think that sums it up.

7. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

I agree with this statement. I think smartphones (apple and android) have reached the same point that PC'S reached in the early 2000's, when they were just upgrading the processors for the sake of it.

Both OSS are mature and the hardware is very powerful. You can see that is the evolutions of the iPhone and the galaxy lines.

As we move forward features and improved battery life are going to be the major focus.....

Just my 0.02
    ~S

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

8. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

You have to come to the realization that eventually you hit a peak in development. Apple is making strides in the processor, screen, camera, and display because there is not really a whole lot else to improve on with the phone. Let's not forget all the changes that are coming with iOS 8 as well. You are either along for the ride or going to be left behind. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the next iPhone and the release of iOS 9.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Hogwash! You'll be amazed with smartphones in 5 years.

10. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

The 086 my dad used to use still works. I guess there's no need for a processor any faster than 4Mhz. :cool:

I know what you mean of course, but I think the RAM should have been 2GB. I don't care how efficient IOS is, not all apps are written to sip on RAM.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Back in the 80s, I'd get a chess computer that ran at 4Mhz, then get excited at the upgraded version which ran at 5Mhz! :D