No help for PPC users?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spideybry

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Philly
ok, so after i tried over and over and over and over again trying to mod my iPhone someone on the forums mentioned jailbreak is only compatible with Intel Macs.... this sux for me, i have to PPCs a G5 and a G4 powerbook.....

ne suggestions on what should be done to mod my phone? help please... i am begging everyone :(

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I removed the link as it didn't pertain to what you are looking for. I will keep my eye open for any new information that will help you.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Last edited by a moderator:

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
I think hes talking about how he has a Power PC mac and not an Intel Mac. I've noticed all the Mac tutorials mention "for INTEL macs only". Although this information may be on the link you directed him to. If it is, sorry. :)
You're right. I searched through several different sites and they all had instructions for Intel Macs.:(

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Ironic, isn't it?!

It really sucks that the new phone from Apple, is only hackable using an Apple with an Intel chip (and of course the less-fortunate using an Intel Windows machine). All the Intel users are having all the fun and us lowly PPC folks are suffering. Forget "Global Warming", forget starving children in China, there are people that can't mod their iPhone, and that's just sad.

So nobody has come up with a mod useable by PPC users? Anyone want to offer a million dollars to the first person that can mod their iPhone using a PPC?! Please!?

billchase2

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
It really sucks that the new phone from Apple, is only hackable using an Apple with an Intel chip (and of course the less-fortunate using an Intel Windows machine). All the Intel users are having all the fun and us lowly PPC folks are suffering. Forget "Global Warming", forget starving children in China, there are people that can't mod their iPhone, and that's just sad.

So nobody has come up with a mod useable by PPC users? Anyone want to offer a million dollars to the first person that can mod their iPhone using a PPC?! Please!?
no kidding. us mac users who have been obviously using macs a while (hence having PPC macs...) can't do a dang thing with our iPhones yet. yeah, i wish i could afford an intel right now, but i can't. i just wish some programmars would hook us PPC users up. even if it's just ringtones!

osmodion

Jul 27, 2007
im lost in this world now... i was gunna do every mod i could and just leave it on the table for my roommate to see.. he would die and beg me to know and i wouldn't say a word.. well he;s the one with the intel mac and now i have to tell him how so he'll let me use his comp... frack life

Bshotty

Jul 16, 2007
Im with you guys i cant stand to suffer any longer either Apple needs to step up there game and get a ringtone doohicky for iTunes or some nice guys needs to write a program for us

spideybry

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Philly
indeed, can ne one here get a hold of the developers email? maybe we can try to get him to make a univevrsal version of jailbreak, or iFuntastic, through an email petition thingy... just an idea

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
help us PPC users out...my powerbook is begging me to let it mod my iPhone, but i can't help the poor aluminum little guy out

i know i have the same problem.... its crying *its ok little g4... don't destroy your hard drive*.....:oops::oops::(

spideybry

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Philly
indeed someone needs to do something about this.... we should search around to see if theres a way to convert a program from intel to universal

spideybry

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Philly
ok guys there is some hope =D.... let me go into details

there is this thing out there called iPHUC (iPHoneUtilityClient) which lets you run jailbreak from your PPC mac.... sounds great and dandy, cept one tihng, everything needs to be done through the terminal....

here is the link http://iPhone.fiveforty.net/wiki/index.php/IPHUC.

So i tried it, it didn't work.... so i went on irc, and talked to one of the guys there on the Iphuc channel, he helped me out lots, we got pretty far, until we got stuck... so basically i am going to redownload eveyrthing to see if that works... If it does me n the guys working on it will post a tutorial on how to do this for us PPC users....

Weve waited long enough.... Time to do something about it...