No "iPhone 2"?

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Okay at MacWorld today Jobs didn't say anthing about the iPhone 2 at his keynote. So does that mean that there will be no iPhone 2? Also what are the other 3 days for? (Macworld ends on the 18th).

Can someone just clear that up for me. =D

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The second iPhone has been given a confirmed release for sometime in 2008 by AT&T's CEO. However, when, and what it will include, is a mystery to us all.

The other days for Macworld include conferences, people like Google and Adobe showing off their stuff for the Macs, etc.

- John

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
The second iPhone has been given a confirmed release for sometime in 2008 by AT&T's CEO. However, when, and what it will include, is a mystery to us all.

The other days for Macworld include conferences, people like Google and Adobe showing off their stuff for the Macs, etc.

- John
so basically the iPhone 2 currently is a rumor? I don't know if i should wait for the iPhone 2 or just get the iPhone?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would go ahead and get it. The second has been confirmed to be released in 2008, so it is not a rumor, but for all we know, it could be released in December.

- John

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Exactly. There's no telling when iPhone 2 will be released and I'm sure not many people know the exact time that will happen. No one even knows if it will be vastly different from the current iPhone or if it will only incorporate 3G and 16GB of memory. I would go ahead and get the current iPhone and be happy in your purchase.

NJIPHONE

Oct 22, 2007
It is ridiculous to go out and spend $400 on a phone when you know a knew one is coming out within the next 11 months and then you wont be happy with the one you have. I have been waiting for the new one to come out and will continue until it is released. I wouldn't listen to all these people saying to blow $400 and sign a 2 year binding contract with Cingular for a phone that is not going to be top of the line pretty soon. Wait it out. Good Luck

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
It is ridiculous to go out and spend $400 on a phone when you know a knew one is coming out within the next 11 months and then you wont be happy with the one you have. I have been waiting for the new one to come out and will continue until it is released. I wouldn't listen to all these people saying to blow $400 and sign a 2 year binding contract with Cingular for a phone that is not going to be top of the line pretty soon. Wait it out. Good Luck
Your concerns are legit. In fact, my wife tends to throw them back at me everytime I get a crackpot notion of getting a new toy. I have a Palm Tungsten, Dell Axim X50V, HTC XV6700 sitting useless in a plastic Wal-mart bag.

The way I look at things, I want it and I want it now. By next Xmas, I'll want the next generation. Simply because it is there to be had. Responsible? No. Makes me happy? Hell Yeah! I'm an engineer. :laugh2:

Greer

Aug 15, 2007
It is ridiculous to go out and spend $400 on a phone when you know a knew one is coming out within the next 11 months
I agree 100%.

it's January, I'm in no hurray, I can wait for version 2.0.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Adobe showing off their stuff for the Macs, etc.

- John
So there's still a chance that adobe could show flash version for iPhone which just happens to be mac!

=P

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
so basically the iPhone 2 currently is a rumor? I don't know if i should wait for the iPhone 2 or just get the iPhone?
I predict I will be purchasing my iPhone 2 in roughly 230 days...

=P

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I predict iPhone II will come out on June 29th, and I have absolutely NOTHING to base that on :laugh2:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I Predict that the next version of the iPhone is going to be nothing to write home about. The OS platform is being perfected though current iPhone users. The perspective options of 3g and more memory might initially seem attractive, but unless you can take advantage of those options, it's a waste.

j3yq

Oct 8, 2007
if I didn't already own an iPhone I don't think I could wait I'd buy one then sell it once the newer version came out I'm sure they will still sell 4a pretty penny by the end of the year

ryfone

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
Pacific NW
First time post, gave up my 8125 and picked up an iPhone yesterday. I was thinking about getting the tilt, but am getting tired of peaking with a stylus and after learning that the iPhone can sync with outlook; I decided to give the iPhone a try. Yes, I did think about waiting until the next revision of iPhone to come out, but if you think about the trend of electronics, there is always another revision coming out. So, you can either wait, or even wait for the next one after that etc… Or you can just jump in like myself and enjoy a new toy. So far I’m pretty impressed.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
I would hope that there would be more to the gen 2 than 3G and more memory. Those alone would not be enough to get me to buy it, at least not right away. Hopefully Steve takes his time and refines it even more, and adds other things that people have asked for as well.

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I would probably sell my current iPhone for v.2 only if Steve adds more features to it like copy&paste and flash. I think it will be coming out probably in dec. just my guess.

NJIPHONE

Oct 22, 2007
The new one was supposed to come out this spring acording to a report that Goldman Sacs did but now they had some battery problems and are waiting for a more efficient battery because 3G will run the battery down fast. They also believe that the new iPhone will include GPS and there will be small revisions to the look of the phone.

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
if it were to come out in the spring don't you think it would have at least referenced to at MacWorld '08? I also don't know if i should wait for v2 or just get the v1.

Just out of curiosity how much does 3G actually cost? I mean would it be same $20 for the iPhone data plan or more because i don't want to pay like $40 for just 3G every month.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
It would be bad businesss for Apple to say during MacWorld "We are coming out with the V2 in June 2008". Why, because all sales of the orig would halt, while people will wait for the V2.

I bet when they do it will just a big announcment, on sale now!

if it were to come out in the spring don't you think it would have at least referenced to at MacWorld '08? I also don't know if i should wait for v2 or just get the v1.

Just out of curiosity how much does 3G actually cost? I mean would it be same $20 for the iPhone data plan or more because i don't want to pay like $40 for just 3G every month.