No iPhone 5 Cases or Accessories at Apple Store

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I was shocked to hear this upon arriving at the Apple Store. The rep said no iPhone 5 cases, adapters or accessories until October.

Launch day cases are usually not abundant, but zero cases for a new body style. That's not good. Not good at all.

Last edited:

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I see that Monoprice and Amazon have a few but not great selection. I'm going to use my leather pouch that is for my 4S until I see something similar for the 5. It will stick out a tad but works for me.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
The AT&T Store had some Speck and Otterbox cases, as described above. None were in the colors I wanted and I have a Coveroo case on order so I will probably wait. I did hear that some folks in line had already purchased a case from the local Best Buy last night as they were already on the shelves. I think they were InCase and CaseMate cases there.

There were no Lightning accessories at all (I didn't really expect anything.)

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I got my Otterbox Defender case at Best Buy yesterday afternoon. A little weird, though, because on the box it says "New iPhone" instead of iPhone 5. Hopefully my phone will be here this afternoon. UPS states that it's Out for Delivery. Cheers !

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I was shocked to hear this upon arriving at the Apple Store. The rep said no iPhone 5 cases, adapters or accessories until October.

Launch day cases are usually not abundant, but zero cases for a new body style. That's not good. Not good at all.
BestBuy had lots of cases available. Don't understand why Apple wouldn't have had some cases/accessories ready.(n)

Last edited by a moderator:

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
I got my Otterbox Defender case at Best Buy yesterday afternoon. A little weird, though, because on the box it says "New iPhone" instead of iPhone 5. Hopefully my phone will be here this afternoon. UPS states that it's Out for Delivery. Cheers !
Yeah, I saw that too. Atleast they had the forethought to have some ready.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I wonder if this was the result of not giving third party accessory makers iPhone 5 specs in an attempt to prevent leaks. There were still leaks this year, but none from accessory makers like we saw in previous years, at least not that I saw.