No iPhone for Puerto Rico! :(

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sirch128

Jun 6, 2007
I just read an article in El Nuevo Día, the most important newspaper in Puerto Rico, that says that the iPhone will not be available in any store in PR. AT&T and Apple don't said the reason for this stupid decision. I'm very disappointed and sad, hope to have it in my hands soon.

PD - Enjoy your iPhones U.S. residents

:(

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I just read an article in El Nuevo Día, the most important newspaper in Puerto Rico, that says that the iPhone will not be available in any store in PR. AT&T and Apple don't said the reason for this stupid decision. I'm very disappointed and sad, hope to have it in my hands soon.

PD - Enjoy your iPhones U.S. residents

:(
That's terrible. Maybe it's something to do with the network there.

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Well, the iPhone is going to be available in the "U.S.". PR is not part of the US, it is a US territory. It would be like having the iPhone available in Guam or the Virgin Islands.

josec99

Jun 8, 2007
Well, the iPhone is going to be available in the "U.S.". PR is not part of the US, it is a US territory. It would be like having the iPhone available in Guam or the Virgin Islands.
For all purposes, everything available in the US is available in PR as well. Cingular is going through the same transition as ATT. The reason why is probably because of the network there. I don't think they have revamped the GSM network so maybe some of the features wouldn't be available, like Visual VM.

Plus there isn't an Apple store per se, only authorized retailers.

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
:( I bought my cellphone 2 months ago (the other one broke) and they were 100% that they store overthere were going 2 get it...The only thing that might save me its that im in C.A. Im going back to Puerto Rico on the 30....BUT, then if I have 2 get a DATA plan, maybe they won't sell it 2 me cause:(:oops: my number and account are from Puerto Rico.

Sirch128

Jun 6, 2007
:( I bought my cellphone 2 months ago (the other one broke) and they were 100% that they store overthere were going 2 get it...The only thing that might save me its that im in C.A. Im going back to Puerto Rico on the 30....BUT, then if I have 2 get a DATA plan, maybe they won't sell it 2 me cause:(:oops: my number and account are from Puerto Rico.

Another thing the article said was that iPhones can't be activated with a PR account, but if activated with a US account you can bring it to PR and it would work well.