Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
*bump*

anyone know anything about this?

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Don't think it'll work. AT&T will figure out what phone you are using, and add the iPhone data plan back on.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Adam is right. Apple will put the iPhone plan back on when they run their account sweeps. They have it in the terms of the iPhone.

Joe

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, I also think that the iPhone data plan is the same price (if not a little cheaper) that a regular unlimited smart phone data plan.

As far as putting your sim card into an old phone, your iPhone SIM will work in any GSM phone. Unfortunately, that cannot be said about any GSM SIM, which is why unlocking is so popular.

**Holy Crap! Has anyone looked at the prices for data on AT&T's website? Data alone is EXPENSIVE.
But it get's stranger still. I went and selected a national450 plan, the LG Neon, and then it gave me my data add-on options. The first one is Unlimited Data and Messaging for $30. What the hell am I paying extra for messaging for? **

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
I had a jailbroken V1 phone on my old ATT (SIM) Service with a non-iphone data plan

The data plan cost was more than the iPhone before my discount.

I never had a problem.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
No Visual Voice Mail though

I had the V1 phone on my old ATT SIM long after the 3G came out and still no issues.

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
on a family plan i can get unlimited data for 10 dollars a month so i think i might try and switch

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
on a family plan i can get unlimited data for 10 dollars a month so i think i might try and switch
It might work for a while but they r gonna catch up. My friend was using his sony ericsson, with a regular cell phone data plan with an unlocked iPhone (something like 20.00 for unlimited data and text) and one day he got a bill with the iPhone data package. He really wanted 2 keep the iPhone so he had to sign the 2 year agreement with ATT and start paying the 30.00$ data plan + text