No iTunes Ringtones - Thoughts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Sorry for the double post on this topic, but I really wanted to discuss ringtones and not the Mossberg review so I am trying again.

I wish we had a little more information about how this doesn't work. It is not going to prevent me from purchasing the phone, but this really seems to be anti-intuitive or anti-concept. If any feature should be a part of this phone, that seems like a natural.

I wonder if they were just not able to place AAC songs as ringtones. Surely, there is still the possibility of converting to MP3 or your CD's that are in MP3 format.

What are your thoughts? Will Apple add this feature later? Is it just a matter of having a song in an MP3 format? Anyone have some additional thoughts on this? I really would like some additional info on this nonfeature. But still, I am very excited about what this phone packs into it (there is no way you are going to make everyone happy and cram every possible feature into any technology).

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
It's not that it doesn't work, it's probably a legal issue with greedy record companies. It wouldn't be worth it for Apple to even deal with it I assume.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I feel the exact same way. But don't count out an update from Apple to the phone later.
This feature, and/or others, and maybe something no one has thought of. Its V1.0 release to market, there will be a V1.1, V1.11, V1.12, V1.2, and so on.