No limit to number of apps anymore in 3.0

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I just read a post on mac rumors that says there is no limit to the number of apps you can install. Beyond the 11 pages they will be installed without an icon and can be accessed via spotlight. There was a screenshot of the about page with 203 apps installed.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
This one which I don't think I would ever need that many but with 50,000 apps + they want to make sure you keep spending. I just tried it and you cannot drag them yourself over to the other screens, it must have to be through iTunes that you install all of the ones past 11 pages.

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
That is a ton of apps to use...Jeez, I have 6 pages, and can't use them all.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Wow. I seriously don't understand how so many people have 11 pages filled up and need more. I barely have 4 pages and they arent even completely filled up. I just delete the ones I don't use that often.

I wonder how you move the apps that don't have icons to one of the 11 icons, and if you drag an icon off the 11th page, does it disappear?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Wow. I seriously don't understand how so many people have 11 pages filled up and need more. I barely have 4 pages and they arent even completely filled up. I just delete the ones I don't use that often.

I wonder how you move the apps that don't have icons to one of the 11 icons, and if you drag an icon off the 11th page, does it disappear?
I have 8 but I don't even use half of them, they are just there to be there. They keep each other company :p But any more than that just gets a little crowded.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Pretty much the same boat. I keep about 5 pages, most of them I have only used once, and when I think about deleting them...I always think as soon as I delete it, I'll need it.

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007
I was rearranging apps and some of them went past page 11 and so now they only show up with the Search option. Does anyone know how to get them back to Icons?

sim

Aug 19, 2008
Rochester, MN
I was rearranging apps and some of them went past page 11 and so now they only show up with the Search option. Does anyone know how to get them back to Icons?
My guess is delete other apps....but it's just a guess.

Steve

Jun 12, 2009
I just read a post on mac rumors that says there is no limit to the number of apps you can install. Beyond the 11 pages they will be installed without an icon and can be accessed via spotlight. There was a screenshot of the about page with 203 apps installed.
thats cool to have unlimited apps...but that will be dumb to have to search them in spotlight...

what happens if you forget the name of an app that cost you 20 bucks ?:D

Sep 29, 2009
Suppose I don't want to have all my apps on my iPhone? If I delete them from the iPhone, how do I keep iTunes from resync'ing them back on?

BTW, for those of you wondering about people with tons of apps, think about a parent how keeps apps on for:
themselves
a 5 yr old
a 9 yr old
a 13 yr old
;)

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Make a note on notepad of apps you delete and then uncheck the boxes in iTunes. Sounds like your phone gets used!

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Then perhaps it wasn't worth that much in the first place. :sneaky:
LOL.... 11+ pages seems much, but still...why not!? If some "Appoholic's" like to have 200 apps on-board for a trip, then it's great! But I can't see why Apple won't let us have "unlimited" pages...32GB memory is too much space for my music and movies only...;)