No love for the iPad Pro?

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
I bought the 128GB WiFi model Thursday. Funny the ing when I was at BestBuy they had a flash sale where MacBook Pro Retina 13" 128GB was only $1049. I already have one but I almost bought another over the iPad Pro. By the time I add a keyboard I will be over that for the iPad Pro.

So far I am not very sold on the Pro but still trying to be convinced.

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
dumb question...Love the iPad pro, why are the apps spaced so far apart??? There are 6 rows of apps on my 6 plus, and only 5 rows on the pro? Anyone else notice this?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
dumb question...Love the iPad pro, why are the apps spaced so far apart??? There are 6 rows of apps on my 6 plus, and only 5 rows on the pro? Anyone else notice this?
I noticed it immediately while watching videos of the iPad Pro in action (I don't own one myself).

I guess Apple finds it aesthetically pleasing that way; I find it to be a terrible waste of space.

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
I noticed it immediately while watching videos of the iPad Pro in action (I don't own one myself).

I guess Apple finds it aesthetically pleasing that way; I find it to be a terrible waste of space.
It's a great tablet, very powerful and extremely fast! But I upgraded over an iPad Air. It is a huge waste of space, surprised there isn't a setting to allow you to add more apps!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I decided to go play with one at the local Apple Store last night since I was in the big city.

That thing is huge. I can handle sticking with my MBP and iPad Air 2.

4U2NV

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
My cover/keyboard finally came in today. Was trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it and I'm still not sure. It does its job but I'm not all that impressed for the price. Amazon has some pretty decent options I might take advantage of. Might exchange the keyboard for an Apple TV and pick up one of the cover/keyboards from Amazon. Kind of sucks that I haven't received the pencil yet but tracking says I'll get it tomorrow. I'm much more excited about the pencil then I was the keyboard. Still pretty happy I got the iPad Pro though.

Alex Spieth

Jun 21, 2015
Can't really justify upgrading from my 3 year old iPad right now, I very rarely do anything productive on it anyway. Apparently some people are experiencing yellowing screens though? Like Ledsteplin said, I'd rather put the $ towards a 15" MacBook Pro at this point.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
My cover/keyboard finally came in today. Was trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it and I'm still not sure. It does its job but I'm not all that impressed for the price. Amazon has some pretty decent options I might take advantage of. Might exchange the keyboard for an Apple TV and pick up one of the cover/keyboards from Amazon. Kind of sucks that I haven't received the pencil yet but tracking says I'll get it tomorrow. I'm much more excited about the pencil then I was the keyboard. Still pretty happy I got the iPad Pro though.

Tell us how you like the pencil.

4U2NV

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Tell us how you like the pencil.
I love the pencil. Works great as I take notes at work, just as if I were taking notes on a notebook. I use onenote which I'm still getting used to. Only have thing that sucks about it is that it doesn't erase. To me that seems like a no brainer. And I'm afraid I'm going to loose this very expensive pencil. There needs to be a holder on the cover somehow. Speaking of, I did decide to keep the cover too. I tend to use it at home but not at the office.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I love the pencil. Works great as I take notes at work, just as if I were taking notes on a notebook. I use onenote which I'm still getting used to. Only have thing that sucks about it is that it doesn't erase. To me that seems like a no brainer. And I'm afraid I'm going to loose this very expensive pencil. There needs to be a holder on the cover somehow. Speaking of, I did decide to keep the cover too. I tend to use it at home but not at the office.
I guess it depends on the app. My brother has an iPad Pro and I was testing it out last week. The erase feature worked great with the Apple pencil.

Reactions: Mickeylittle

4U2NV

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Love
I guess it depends on the app. My brother has an iPad Pro and I was testing it out last week. The erase feature worked great with the Apple pencil.
I should have explained that better. There is an erase feature in the app (onenote) but the pencil should be able to erase with the back side in my opinion. I'm sure it's a really easy task for them to make that work.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Love

I should have explained that better. There is an erase feature in the app (onenote) but the pencil should be able to erase with the back side in my opinion. I'm sure it's a really easy task for them to make that work.
Why not just erase with the pencil side? That's what I did. It's faster than flipping the pencil upside down.

AmandaKess

Bronze
Feb 14, 2013
It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I'm holding off on one for now. My old iPad 2 is still kicking and for my purposes it still gets the job done. Looking at snagging one of these for my birthday though maybe :)

ruthvistephan

Nov 6, 2019
I just noticed that there are virtually no posts and not even a forum for the new iPad Pro. Am I the only one interested in this new beauty? Anyways, I was just able to order one Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin from the online Apple Store and am going to be able to pick it up today. I haven't been notified of exactly what time I can pick it up, but I will be there as soon as it's available.

I ordered the 128GB space grey model with cellular. I would like to eventually try the stylus, but it isn't available for pickup yet.

Now I'm like a child on Christmas morning who can't wait to play with his new toy.
there wasn't any store close enough that had it available so I chose delivery.