No luck with pangu 1.1.0

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by michael180, Jul 11, 2014.

1. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

I can't get the pangu jailbreak to work on my 5S,7.1.2 (11D257). I fellow the directions, it finds my phone, tells me to push the Pangu icon, it continues but then the phone re-boots with no jailbreak. Am I missing something?

Thanks . . .

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you update OTA (over the air from the phone itself) or through iTunes? The jailbreak won't work if you updated OTA. Restore to 7.1.2 in iTunes and then jailbreak.

3. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

I updated through iTunes, and then restored . . .

Attached Files:

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

One issue I had I believe was due to this because after I started doing something, it magically worked and showed Cydia. When I changed the date to June 2nd in the settings app, I stayed in the settings app while Pangu continued to do its thing. I chose to do this after 3-4 attempts of it not working. Before I would exit the settings app after changing the date.

5. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

Nope, I did as you advised it just re-booted, no Cydia . . .

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Did it give you any alert on pangu such as your iPhone didn't reboot properly, and for you to manually reboot? I got that message several times when trying.

7. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

No message, nothing, it just re-booted.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Delete the pangu button by holding on the icon then pressing the X. Change your calendar back to today and then follow directions again. Make sure you don't have a passcode set either.

9. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

No disrespect but the Pangu instructions don't ask/state you 'exit' after changing the date.... so why would you deviate from the simple instructions..........jailbreak fails tend to be more user error than actual jailbreak software failure.

@michael180 try from the start again, a clean install of iOS7.1.1, then run the Pangu jailbreak, then Restore from a backup in iTunes. Good luck

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

It shouldn't have caused an issue by exiting the settings app, but maybe it did. Who knows. For me multiple times it would give me the error, "Your iPhone failed to reboot properly. Please reboot manually." As for Michael, not sure what their issue could be. The jailbreak itself is definitely different then we are used to.

#10 MoneyMaker79, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  11. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

'Setting' the date in settings is used as a trigger for Pangu to continue with the jailbreak process, by exiting early, you could be derailing the success of your jailbreak..... it's funny you finally hit success after following the precise steps.

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Actually, the process continued just fine, but after reboot and pressing the icon etc, it said that my iPhone did not reboot properly and to reboot manually. Nonetheless I am jailbroken now.