No mail push notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thomas_2303, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Thomas_2303

Thomas_2303 New Member

Hi, I got my new iPhone 4 from Apple two days ago (the old one was in for repair and they replaced it).
    But now I have this issue with the mail app. I'm on iOS 5.0.1 not jailbroken (yet). And I don't get any push notifications from my exchange account. The hotmail account is working fine. If I open the mail app, and reload, then all my messages (exchange and hotmail) are coming in fine. Also when I set 'fetch' in settings. The notifications work too. But push doesn't work with my exchange account. Everything was working fine with the 'old' iPhone. I'm sure it is a settings issue (as it is a new phone with standard settings) but I can't find what I am doing wrong. Did a restart, checked if it was my wifi connection. But those weren't the problem. Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance!

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Make sure it is not set to receive manually. Even if you are set to push you need to set it to anything but " manual.

3. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Go to Settings \ Mail, Contacts, Calendar \ Fetch New Data \ Scroll down to Advanced \ make sure it is set to PUSH there...

4. Thomas_2303

Thomas_2303 New Member

Yes. I have the push setting on. Fetch is on 1 hour. In advanced the setting is also set to push. But still no notifications. Really can't figure out what's going wrong.