No MMS = Absolute Rubbish!

I just wanted to vent- Having to manually go online to view a MMS is absolute crap! I'm sick of people randomly sending me pictures, only to have to go online to look at them with it being password protected, and not being able to save them. Its complete crap! The End

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
/agree

I got a simple fix for that though, get new friends. I.E. ones with iPhones.

Problem solved.

dooki

Sep 21, 2007
CA
i don't have an iPhone yet, but can't you get ppl to send you a picture message to your email address? i have verizon atm and i can do that.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Oddly, its not that easy for most people, especially if they are doing mmsing to multiple recipients.

TheJimbo

Sep 10, 2007
Upstate NY
I just wanted to vent- Having to manually go online to view a MMS is absolute crap! I'm sick of people randomly sending me pictures, only to have to go online to look at them with it being password protected, and not being able to save them. Its complete crap! The End
Agree completely. Steve Jobs said this device would "revolutionize" cell phones. I say bull, it can't do the simple things other phones can. Ok, cool screen, nice iPod, but c'mon - give me the basics!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Agree completely. Steve Jobs said this device would "revolutionize" cell phones. I say bull, it can't do the simple things other phones can. Ok, cool screen, nice iPod, but c'mon - give me the basics!
For real though....:)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
If iPhone owners don't get flash and copy & paste by February, I'm seriously considering dumping the iPhone (as much as I love it).:(

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
If iPhone owners don't get flash and copy & paste by February, I'm seriously considering dumping the iPhone (as much as I love it).:(
The thought of that makes me sick to my stomach, surely they can do something about it by then....

Jun 29, 2007
We knew, we bought it, but you know what?! It's still rubbish!

Hopefully, there'll be a cure for us soon!

bukwit

Oct 6, 2007
Buy yourself a Nokia. THE END

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

Well let this be a lesson. Do some RESEARCH before spending your duckets! There might be a million posts documenting this exact problem that date back to the very day this phone was released. Your fault.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
LMAO! that was just too funny, thanks for making my night!

On a more serious note though, was an announcement made that the iPhone would be getting mms? ever? Did I miss that?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm already cheating on the iPhone with the AT&T Tilt. The iPhone is almost out the door. I put it on craigslist but haven't sold it yet despite the number of offers i've received. The more I play with the Tilt the more I realize what the iPhone lacks.

That said, it's still hard to let go of that pretty thing.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Well let this be a lesson. Do some RESEARCH before spending your duckets! There might be a million posts documenting this exact problem that date back to the very day this phone was released. Your fault.
I halfway agree with you and all the others that use this line of defense for the iPhone. Anytime you spend $599 (or $399) you should thoroughly research what you are purchasing for that kind of money. That said, this is not a valid defense for the iPhone not having MMS. There is no reason whatsoever that this phone should not have MMS capabilities. Do i feel ripped off because it doesn't have that? Not at all. Am I disappointed that it doesn't have even basic features that basic phones have? Absolutely.

But at any rate, the research before you buy line is getting old as a defense for the iPhone. It's becoming apparent that that is a line being used by fanboys who cant accept the fact that their prized possession is lacking in quite a few areas. Face it, it is lacking. I do still love the iPhone very much but I expect more out of it. Come February maybe it will meet expectations. But at any rate, MMS is not too much to ask of a "premium" phone.

Different strokes for different folks i guess. The OP shouldn't get flamed for having his opinion of the phone, although there are much more suitable ways for he/she to voice such opinion.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I love my iPhone but hate having to tell people that used to MMS me all the time that I can't get them anymore and that I have to e-mail my pictures instead of MMSing them. Honestly didn't think I'd miss it all that much. Really that and being able to send a message to multiple recipients are the only things I miss.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I halfway agree with you and all the others that use this line of defense for the iPhone. Anytime you spend $599 (or $399) you should thoroughly research what you are purchasing for that kind of money. That said, this is not a valid defense for the iPhone not having MMS. There is no reason whatsoever that this phone should not have MMS capabilities. Do i feel ripped off because it doesn't have that? Not at all. Am I disappointed that it doesn't have even basic features that basic phones have? Absolutely.

But at any rate, the research before you buy line is getting old as a defense for the iPhone. It's becoming apparent that that is a line being used by fanboys who cant accept the fact that their prized possession is lacking in quite a few areas. Face it, it is lacking. I do still love the iPhone very much but I expect more out of it. Come February maybe it will meet expectations. But at any rate, MMS is not too much to ask of a "premium" phone.

Different strokes for different folks i guess. The OP shouldn't get flamed for having his opinion of the phone, although there are much more suitable ways for he/she to voice such opinion.

yes I see your point. You are right. But, so am I. How many posts are around like this one that acomplishes NOTHING?!?! What's his point.... Sounds to me like he's venting... but whatever

4U2NV

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I see a lot of people telling off other people who complain about not having MMS or they should do their research before they purchase the phone, etc. I too am very disappointed at not being able to have MMS, but the other functions of the phone kept me interested. So, I think that purchasing the phone and complaining about MMS is extremely valid. I wont be getting rid of my phone solely because of the lack of MMS. I really enjoy everything else my iPhone has to offer but am also very displeased that I can't do a simple task of sending a picture via text message.

4U2NV

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I love my iPhone but hate having to tell people that used to MMS me all the time that I can't get them anymore and that I have to e-mail my pictures instead of MMSing them. Honestly didn't think I'd miss it all that much. Really that and being able to send a message to multiple recipients are the only things I miss.
This is a pretty good point too. I used to get picture's and send pictures all the time before the iPhone. It really sucks having to tell people that you can't send them pictures anymore because your very expensive and supposed awsome phone is unable. They usually laugh at me and ask me why I spent so much damn money on it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
This is a pretty good point too. I used to get picture's and send pictures all the time before the iPhone. It really sucks having to tell people that you can't send them pictures anymore because your very expensive and supposed awsome phone is unable. They usually laugh at me and ask me why I spent so much damn money on it.
Just laugh at tell them, "at least I'm able to spend that damn much money on it". An observation I've made is that usually the people that jab at me for blowing that much money on a phone that can't MMS are often the ones that can't afford one. Don't get me wrong, as shown above I have my complaints, but I'd rather spend $399 on an iPhone than a Blackjack, Treo, etc.

Now the Tilt that I'm playing with, that's a whole different story. But it wasn't out when the iPhone launched.

bukwit

Oct 6, 2007
i cant comprehend why people don't research before their purchase. I mean come on, you don't purchase an apartment before checking it out and start moaning on the day you move in to find theres no toilet! Wake up people