No more 2 year contract?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

slgynn29

Bronze
May 23, 2007
anyone notice that there is no more "2 year contract info" at the bottom of the screen on the commercial?

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Yeah, just notice that
i made a post earlier today about me calling AT&T. I don't remember if i mentioned this in the post i made, but i asked since im not eligible for an upgrade, do i have to sign for another 2 years, and she said no. so maybe thats why they took it off. because its not true for all the people buying it, only new customers.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
My guess is Apple is still wringing AT&T around the neck about what they're planning.

Or they're just messing with people... just to see what the response is.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
This is why we know nothing about the data or voice plan or anything about the service. Has Att said anything about this phone since January?
Exactly! I think it is ridiculous to be this quiet about something this big. Sadly though, I don't think they are being quiet, I think they just have no idea for sure as of yet, which is even worse.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Exactly! I think it is ridiculous to be this quiet about something this big. Sadly though, I don't think they are being quiet, I think they just have no idea for sure as of yet, which is even worse.
I don't mind the mystery as long as the ending is good. ;)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
They probably got tired of their customer service agents being tied up all day answering questions about the two year extensions. I guess they would rather wait until they get you in the store to drop that on you.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Maybe AT&T finally saw the light, or Apple made them see it and took this requirement off.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
You know I thought about that... Apple could have hooked up with Tracfone (or somebody else) who leases everyone elses networks, but it seems Apple decided to go right to the source of one of them anyway.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I don't know why Apple just didn't develop(or lease) their own cell network be their own service provider.
That is like asking why Apple does not build their own internet for their macintoshes, or start their own record label for their iPod.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
or maybe they didn't see the light and Apple made them see it. Heres what jobs probably did.
" If you don't take that off ill buy your company and fire you" :) have a nice day.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
or maybe they didn't see the light and Apple made them see it. Heres what jobs probably did.
" If you don't take that off ill buy your company and fire you" :) have a nice day.
Weren't they Apple's own ads?