No more BSD SubSystem in Installer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I just started to jail break my phone and I went to the systems folder to install the BSD, there are no updates reporting and the BSD is no where to be found.

(Using 1.1.1 app tapp method)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Isn't it automatically installed?
That is what I thought at first as well. However, after reading serveral guides etc. You have to install it yourself. I went to install apollo, and it told me that the BSD SubSystem needes to be installed first. Any idea where I can get it? or whats going on?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
BSD Subsystem is still there. Apparently nullriver.com was down for an hour or two, so a lot of stuff on Installer was unavailable for awhile.

I just installed BSD SS via Installer 10 minutes ago, after jailbreaking 1.1.2.

--
Mike

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I still cant get it to show up. I just refreshed sources, what do you recommend. I probable jail broke the phone when it was down, do I need to do it again?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I still cant get it to show up. I just refreshed sources, what do you recommend. I probable jail broke the phone when it was down, do I need to do it again?
Not again; for the first time. BSD Subsystem is never installed automatically during jailbreaking (it's too big).

But nullriver is back to being flaky again. I can't even get NES via Installer at the moment. Really sucks that they are such a large single-point-of-failure.

--
Mike

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Not again; for the first time. BSD Subsystem is never installed automatically during jailbreaking (it's too big).

But nullriver is back to being flaky again. I can't even get NES via Installer at the moment. Really sucks that they are such a large single-point-of-failure.

--
Mike
I just updated and jailbroke easy as pie..
BSD is back installing now with the rest of my apps...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I just updated and jailbroke easy as pie..
BSD is back installing now with the rest of my apps...
yes nullriver is back up again.

Do me a favor, those who are running 1.1.2 jailbroken, install SysInfo and report back what it says in the Hardware section.

My 1.1.1 iPhone was reported to be running at 400 MHz but under 1.1.2 it shows as 412, with an increase in Bus speed too.

--
Mike

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
yes nullriver is back up again.

Do me a favor, those who are running 1.1.2 jailbroken, install SysInfo and report back what it says in the Hardware section.

My 1.1.1 iPhone was reported to be running at 400 MHz but under 1.1.2 it shows as 412, with an increase in Bus speed too.

--
Mike
I'm on 1.1.2 and it's running at 412 MHz CPU, with a Bus speed of 103 MHz.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Last edited by a moderator:

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
BSD is under systems

Unlocking application you have to add threw sources. I was able to use BSD about an hour ago, so I think it is an on an off thing, just wait it out.