No more "click" UI sound even after restore.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
ok so i noticed once i modded my phone(just added some ringtones) that the click audio sound doesn't work anymore. very weird. when i go into settings/sounds and click on keyboard click on and off , i can hear the sound so i know the file hasent been erased . well i was getting tired of my current theme and decided to do a restore to see if it would fix it . well it didn't. ive noticed nothing else abnormal just the click file sound . how can i fix this?

Street

Jul 26, 2007
Its happening to me too. The sound "clicks" when you go to sound settings and toggle the click On from Off, but does not anywhere else.

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
I have also lost the sounds such as sleep, dialpad, etc. I have added 2 tones and enabled FieldTest.

ATT*Mark, a full restore didn't fix it? Please post back if you solve this... Are you on a PC or Mac? Thanks...

Kup

Jun 25, 2007
I too was having this problem yesterday but the problem is not the
mods its your audio jack. Sometimes when u pull a pair of headphones out to quickly the phone thinks it is still in. What I did to fix the problem was insert my headphones into jack twist it and pull it out slowly this fixed my problem atleast

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
I haven't seen this problem on other forums so I don't know how common it is. I was thinking about taking it back to the Apple store...

Hey, since you're using a PC, does restore and recovery give you back your notes, contact favorites, map bookmarks, etc?

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
That's right.

No sounds like:
sent email
dial keyboard
shut off
new email

All other like music, videos, ringtones are fine.

Thanks for your help!