no more hacking....nothing but trouble

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
This is just my opinion about my phone, I know a lot of you have had good experiences with hacking the iPhone, but mine froze the first time, then I lost absolutely everything. I did it a second time, had it set up great and really liked the new apps and the way the home screen looked. I did notice an extreme loss in battery life, but that was not a big deal to me. All of the sudden today, the bottom of my screen stopped working. I couldn't push the bottom buttons on the home screen, nor the space bar in the text screen. I restored the phone, now the home keys all work...although there is a noticeable delay after I push any widget. The bottom of the screen works in all applications except for the text screen? I know there are no phone warranty's with AT&T, but do yall think the Apple store will fix this for free?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This is just my opinion about my phone, I know a lot of you have had good experiences with hacking the iPhone, but mine froze the first time, then I lost absolutely everything. I did it a second time, had it set up great and really liked the new apps and the way the home screen looked. I did notice an extreme loss in battery life, but that was not a big deal to me. All of the sudden today, the bottom of my screen stopped working. I couldn't push the bottom buttons on the home screen, nor the space bar in the text screen. I restored the phone, now the home keys all work...although there is a noticeable delay after I push any widget. The bottom of the screen works in all applications except for the text screen? I know there are no phone warranty's with AT&T, but do yall think the Apple store will fix this for free?
First, do what everyone does. Restart it, your computer, restore again, etc. Then, if it still doesn't work, call Apple. Some phones do have faulty touch screens, and if yours has no signs of hacking, they will most likely replace it for you.

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
i was apprehensive about hacking my phone, too. then even before i had the chance, a strip in the middle of the screen stopped respoding, literally on August 29th, two months to the day of iDay. I brought it to the Apple store in NYC and they gave me a loaner (and for free, too because of the two month anniversary). I hacked the loaner phone to bits, too. I could never get things just the way i liked them, so i haven't hacked the brand new phone they gave me.

point is, if the touch screen has gone south, they'll give you a brand new phone, most likely.

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
yessir

took it in today after resetting it to factory and still no luck. All the home buttons worked, but couldn't use the space bar in emails or use the bottom of the screen in text mode. They looked at it, verified that it was messed up and gave me a new one. Just finished syncing my new phone to iTunes and it acted perfect, still have everything I had in the phone last night. Reckon I'll just leave it alone, in my opinion, the phone is great the way that it comes. I didn't see anything in the hack programs that I absolutely had to have, although it was fun playing with some of the apps.
I sure as hell need to stay out of the Apple stores though, I already bought an 80gb Ipod the other day (replacing my nano), now I want to try out an Apple laptop, but need to not spend the money.