No more iPhone refund talk

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
you spent your money its over get your refund and don't talk about it anymore. Why cant we just talk about the iPhone. Besides its too late at least you got the iPhone when you wanted it i had to wait until it got cheaper.

SO PEOPLE STOP PLEASE!

PS if you have a problem im me at Bboy AceProgram

Last edited by a moderator:

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
you spent your money its over get your refund and don't talk about it anymore. Why cant we just talk about the iPhone. Besides its too late at least you got the iPhone when you wanted it i had to wait until it got cheaper.

SO PPL STOP PLEASE!:sick:

ok mommy! :p

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta

SO PPL STOP PLEASE!:sick:

First, creating a thread concerning the stopping of iPhone price drop discussions will only spark people to discuss it here as well. Not to mention this won't have any effect on the number of discussions made.

Second, what do you mean "why can't we talk about the iPhone"? This is EVERYTHING iPHONE. We discuss everything iPhone, and a 2 month $200 price drop does fall under "everything".

Third, the fact many people would of probably held off on the iPhone had they known of the imminent price cut to follow, really gives your last argument no weight at all.

P.S. No.

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
First, creating a thread concerning the stopping of iPhone price drop discussions will only spark people to discuss it here as well. Not to mention this won't have any effect on the number of discussions made.

Second, what do you mean "why can't we talk about the iPhone"? This is EVERYTHING iPHONE. We discuss everything iPhone, and a 2 month $200 price drop does fall under "everything".

Third, the fact many people would of probably held off on the iPhone had they known of the imminent price cut to follow, really gives your last argument no weight at all.

P.S. No.

First,Its a phone of course the price is gonna drop.

Second, thats your guys fought for trying to get something the first time you see it without waiting.

Thridly, maybe im tired of coming on the forums see all this stuff about a stupid refund.

Fourthly, some ppl are crazy paying more than half a grand for a phone. don't get me wrong its a great product but still.

and i don't care if people keep talking about it but i wish they wouldn't.

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
Another thing is people complained about getting a 100 dollar gift card. I mean come on they didn't have to give you guys anything.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
First,Its a phone of course the price is gonna drop.

Second, thats your guys fought for trying to get something the first time you see it without waiting.

Thridly, maybe im tired of coming on the forums see all this stuff about a stupid refund.

Fourthly, some ppl are crazy paying more than half a grand for a phone. don't get me wrong its a great product but still.

and i don't care if people keep talking about it but i wish they wouldn't.
People aren't surprised the price dropped, people are surprised it was only two months until one was issued. Next, did I ever once tell you it wasn't the individual's fault for deciding to purchase one? No, I simply stated the subject was WELL in the realm of discussion on these forums, and you have no authority to take that right away from someone. And in your fourth point, you just called every person who purchased an iPhone outside the last 48 hours "crazy", because it has been that price since day one.

And lastly, you have to be kidding me. If you didn't care if this was discussed, you would of not made ANOTHER topic about whether this is wrong/right, and then took a nap on th exclamation key as seen below.

" SO PPL STOP PLEASE!:sick:"

That's really all there is to say.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
People aren't surprised the price dropped, people are surprised it was only two months until one was issued. Next, did I ever once tell you it wasn't the individual's fault for deciding to purchase one? No, I simply stated the subject was WELL in the realm of discussion on these forums, and you have no authority to take that right away from someone. And in your fourth point, you just called every person who purchased an iPhone outside the last 48 hours "crazy", because it has been that price since day one.

And lastly, you have to be kidding me. If you didn't care if this was discussed, you would of not made ANOTHER topic about whether this is wrong/right, and then took a nap on th exclamation key as seen below.

" SO PPL STOP PLEASE!:sick:"

That's really all there is to say.
Bboy, you start a thread to say please stop talking about something, then you start rehashing points that have been made over and over again?

Move along people, nothing to see here.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
People aren't surprised the price dropped, people are surprised it was only two months until one was issued.
And that's the part that's amazing. Who cares when the price dropped? 2 months or 4 months, what difference does it make? You walked into that store with money in hand and purchased something at the marked price you wanted. Did you honestly think the price would never drop? Say you walked in and bought it at $600 9 months after launch and 30 days later it dropped, are you saying you wouldn't complain? Of course you would. It's in your nature. You think Apple owes you something because you didn't wait long enough to save a few bucks.

It's petty. I bought my phone right away and I paid $600. I knew if I waited a price drop would come but I elected to buy it immediately because I wanted it... just like you did.

Now that the price drop has arrived you want something for nothing... as if you were some how cheated. What, wasn't the marked price clear enough for you when you bought it? Are you demanding a label on all products that says "WARNING: Purchasing this product at full retail today may result in disappointment if we lower the price tomorrow."?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
And that's the part that's amazing. Who cares when the price dropped? 2 months or 4 months, what difference does it make? You walked into that store with money in hand and purchased something at the marked price you wanted. Did you honestly think the price would never drop? Say you walked in and bought it at $600 9 months after launch and 30 days later it dropped, are you saying you wouldn't complain? Of course you would. It's in your nature. You think Apple owes you something because you didn't wait long enough to save a few bucks.

It's petty. I bought my phone right away and I paid $600. I knew if I waited a price drop would come but I elected to buy it immediately because I wanted it... just like you did.

Now that the price drop has arrived you want something for nothing... as if you were some how cheated. What, wasn't the marked price clear enough for you when you bought it? Are you demanding a label on all products that says "WARNING: Purchasing this product at full retail today may result in disappointment if we lower the price tomorrow."?
I don't know if that was directed towards me, but I'm 100% glad it dropped. I knew it would drop regardless, and if it was 6 months from now people wouldn't find it near as "ridiculous", and I wouldn't be $100 richer. THAT'S what people don't get.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I don't know if that was directed towards me, but I'm 100% glad it dropped. I knew it would drop regardless, and if it was 6 months from now people wouldn't find it near as "ridiculous", and I wouldn't be $100 richer. THAT'S what people don't get.
No, you don't get it. The Q dropped in price within 30 days of the iPhone drop and not 33% but 50%. There is no way I would ever believe 30 days and 17% would make any difference to someone like you.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
No, you don't get it. The Q dropped in price within 30 days of the iPhone drop and not 33% but 50%. There is no way I would ever believe 30 days and 17% would make any difference to someone like you.
No, I do get it. Never did I say anything about this being unfair. The OP acted like people on the forum (not me) don't have a right to discuss this, and was just ANOTHER member complaining about something that should be freely discussed.

NEVER did I expect any compensation from Apple. That's simply technology. I WANTED a price drop so my family could get iPhones as well. I was simply stating a pretty obvious generalization - people are surprised/angered at how quickly the product dropped. I'm NOT one of those people, however I do not agree with any thread that tries to define what people should and shouldn't say as their entitled to their opinion.

Then the OP's idea completely manifested itself. He said to not discuss something, leading to a discussion. He should of expected that, bottom line.

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
All I have to say is that it sucks, plain and simple. He reduced the price for the school and christmas season? Why not have reduced the price right from the start. 2 months? come on!

I think the community was wronged. Reduce the price for an after thanksgiving day sale was always my prediction and an acceptable one at that! But not now.

I'm taking the credit / refund when the details are announced next week. I expect anyone who "poo-poo's" on the refund and feels we shouldn't get it to turn the other cheek and walk away...you'd only be a hypocrate for taking it!

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
All I have to say is that it sucks, plain and simple. He reduced the price for the school and christmas season? Why not have reduced the price right from the start. 2 months? come on!

I think the community was wronged. Reduce the price for an after thanksgiving day sale was always my prediction and an acceptable one at that! But not now.

I'm taking the credit / refund when the details are announced next week. I expect anyone who "poo-poo's" on the refund and feels we shouldn't get it to turn the other cheek and walk away...you'd only be a hypocrate for taking it!
Is webb Greek for I put the same post in as many threads as I can?

lci3341

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Anything else that we should NOT talk about?

Hmmmm.... How about not talking about when the next iPhone update is going to come (it will come out when Apple is ready), or what features you want in the next iPhone, ... Please...

This is a website called EVERYTHING iPhone. Not EVERYTHING (except price cuts)iPhone. People can talk about WHATEVER they want to talk about. The moderators have decided that price cut threads would be moved to GENERAL DISCUSSION. If you don't want to read about them, look elsewhere. If the moderators want to make a separate topic for price cuts (unnecessary) they have the right to do that. Bottom line is, If you do not want to participate in the conversation--- you don't have to. And if nobody wants to participate in the conversation, the thread will die.

So when people say "don't TALK ABOUT" this or that... you don't understand the concept the message boards.

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
Anything else that we should NOT talk about?

Hmmmm.... How about not talking about when the next iPhone update is going to come (it will come out when Apple is ready), or what features you want in the next iPhone, ... Please...

This is a website called EVERYTHING iPhone. Not EVERYTHING (except price cuts)iPhone. People can talk about WHATEVER they want to talk about. The moderators have decided that price cut threads would be moved to GENERAL DISCUSSION. If you don't want to read about them, look elsewhere. If the moderators want to make a separate topic for price cuts (unnecessary) they have the right to do that. Bottom line is, If you do not want to participate in the conversation--- you don't have to. And if nobody wants to participate in the conversation, the thread will die.

So when people say "don't TALK ABOUT" this or that... you don't understand the concept the message boards.
You can talk about what you want but you cant winne when stuff doesn't go your way. And maybe you didn't have to read this and leave a comment. How about that? And how about you not participate in this conversation!:laugh2: