No More "Peeewr" sound when connecting to computer...

I connected my iPhone to my computer today and it didn't make the usual sound it makes when connecting it to a power source or computer. You know, the "Peeewrr" sound. (Always reminded me of a wounded AutoBot)
It shows it connects and starts to charge, just no sound.
And no, I do not have the vibrate switch on...All sounds are on high.
WTF is going on?

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
uhhhh....mine never has made a "peewwwr" sound...ever...when connecting to a power source or computer (not the first or current one that replaced the first).

You might want to check out the phone with Apple, dude.

That's weird. My brother's 1st gen does it every time, and my phone used to do it every time. It was like a confirmation that the phone was plugged in. Does your phone make any sound when plugged up?

aq.timmy

Aug 3, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I think it sounds more like a high-pitched "da-daa!"

Wouldn't worry about it much, though, if it still syncs and connects with iTunes okay.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
A high pitched, melodic sound, yes. like a "dwew-dee" sound

"peeewwr" makes me think of a grinding noise. That is what I assumed you were saying.

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
lol, regardless, have you tried doing a hard restart?

Aug 22, 2008
Um, is your sound switch ON. It not I won't hear it either. :laugh2:

Well, the "Peewr" sound I'm making is very high-pitched, almost like a laser-gun in the movies. I restarted and it makes it now. It's more like a "Whheer" sound, like a high-pitched space ship flying by.
Either way, like someone said, it's not a big deal I suppose. Thanks for you input peeps!

And for the record, grinding noise is more like "grrrrrrreeennnnnn" or "shkkrrrrrrtttt". How can "Peeeewwr" sound like grinding?

And "da-daaa" sounds like the old windows "Ta-daa" sound effect...
I wonder if they make different sounds based on region...Hmm...Interesting.

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Well, the "Peewr" sound I'm making is very high-pitched, almost like a laser-gun in the movies. I restarted and it makes it now. It's more like a "Whheer" sound, like a high-pitched space ship flying by.
Either way, like someone said, it's not a big deal I suppose. Thanks for you input peeps!

And for the record, grinding noise is more like "grrrrrrreeennnnnn" or "shkkrrrrrrtttt". How can "Peeeewwr" sound like grinding?

And "da-daaa" sounds like the old windows "Ta-daa" sound effect...
I wonder if they make different sounds based on region...Hmm...Interesting.

Mine makes that sound, when connecting it to a power source. I agree its more of a 'whheer' sound, but I guess how we spell the sound is not the point the OP was trying to make! :D

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
my phone doesn't make any noise but my computer does
just the same noise for anything being plugged into usb
DO-do

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
who cares what the sound sounds like.
Most of you know would know the sound if you don't then maybe yours didn't/doesn't have it.

Anyways, last night, i was went to plug in my cable next to my bed, i plugged it in, it did the noise, then wasn't charging, the wall plug wasn't secure and wasn't flowing electricity, anyways, went down and plugged it in properly, then looked at the phone, didn't hear any noise, but it was charging. Now just then, plugged it in to see if 2.1 was up, no noise :( i liked it... ok..
No 2.1, no noise :(, i'm going to my corner now. :'(

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
oh, btw, i turned the phone off and on and YES ITS BACK :D
Good luck with yours ;)

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I'd love for a mechanic to chime into this thread about the various sounds their customers attempt to mimic of what they hear from their vehicles. I took my SUV in recently and thought I did a fairly good imitation of what I was hearing. The service advisor, straight faced and calmly said Rob do that for me again I think I know what that could be. I looked up and got it that he was pulling a good one on me and we laughed for a few seconds about it.