No NES ROM's were Found. can some one help me?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Please upload ROM's to
/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

hey guys that is the message i get when i click on the NES app. i use AppTap to download it but i need to get the ROM's and i need to know how to install them can some one please help me do it please. im sorry i have no idea and its my first mod.

thank you so much guy/girls!

Javo

sp33d

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
Please upload ROM's to
/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

hey guys that is the message i get when i click on the NES app. i use AppTap to download it but i need to get the ROM's and i need to know how to install them can some one please help me do it please. im sorry i have no idea and its my first mod.

thank you so much guy/girls!

Javo

Save yourself the time, chances are you won't even play it because it's so difficult to. But to answer your question, use iBrickr to install the Roms.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
install ibrickr, connect iPhone to dock.

you can navigate the folders in the iPhone using ibrickr, and create new folders such as for ROMs/NES/ in the media section. then just upload the rom file in the NES folder and its done. I just finished it, got about 20 roms on it

xcell

Sep 21, 2007

you can navigate the folders in the iPhone using ibrickr, and create new folders such as for ROMs/NES/ in the media section. then just upload the rom file in the NES folder and its done. I just finished it, got about 20 roms on it
What would be a Mac compatible software like "ibrickr"?

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007

whewre do you get the nes roms...can u give me a link or something

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
What would be a Mac compatible software like "ibrickr"?
App called breezy would be the "ibrickr" for the mac. But if you want to install roms, I would suggest you perform SSH for easy drag and drop. If you have Installer on your phone, install BSD Subsystem and then the oPenSSH. Download Cyberduck or Fugu and connect to your phone using sftp. Then create the appropriate folders where the roms will be residing.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
whewre do you get the nes roms...can u give me a link or something
since roms are illegal, i cant give you a direct link to a site with downloadable roms. You can do a simple Google search for 'NES Roms'. Any rom you download will be compatible with the NES emulator on your phone. Shareware like limewire or torrents will have packages of them together, a lot of times like a thousand NES games in one download. You then understand how to get these roms on your phone from my explanation right?

thesheikh

Sep 16, 2007
since roms are illegal, i cant give you a direct link to a site with downloadable roms. You can do a simple Google search for 'NES Roms'. Any rom you download will be compatible with the NES emulator on your phone. Shareware like limewire or torrents will have packages of them together, a lot of times like a thousand NES games in one download. You then understand how to get these roms on your phone from my explanation right?
yes i know how to do that but how do i know im downloading the right rom

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
Ok, I installed FUGU. How do I get into my phone with Fugu? This is where im lost...

App called breezy would be the "ibrickr" for the mac. But if you want to install roms, I would suggest you perform SSH for easy drag and drop. If you have Installer on your phone, install BSD Subsystem and then the oPenSSH. Download Cyberduck or Fugu and connect to your phone using sftp. Then create the appropriate folders where the roms will be residing.

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
Awesome thanks for that link. That helped me out bigtime. But now check this out.... When I drag a theme into my theme folder, the file drags over with all contents in it....But now when I select that theme on my phone, it just goes to a black springboard and regular icons.. very similar to the stock springboard. Any idea whats happening?

Try this guide.

If that doesn't work, try Cyberduck. Same idea. Good luck!

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Awesome thanks for that link. That helped me out bigtime. But now check this out.... When I drag a theme into my theme folder, the file drags over with all contents in it....But now when I select that theme on my phone, it just goes to a black springboard and regular icons.. very similar to the stock springboard. Any idea whats happening?
Okay, do this:

Make sure you put all the icons in a folder labeled Icons and leave Thumbs.db and Wallpaper.png out.

Then put all of these inside a folder with whatever name you want (Halo 3 Theme, etc.).

SSH and put this inside Summerboard/Themes. Good luck!

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
The SSH part confuses me. What to you mean by that?

Okay, do this:

Make sure you put all the icons in a folder labeled Icons and leave Thumbs.db and Wallpaper.png out.

Then put all of these inside a folder with whatever name you want (Halo 3 Theme, etc.).

SSH and put this inside Summerboard/Themes. Good luck!

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
Yeah I know about that link. You sent that one to me and it was very helpful.........once I drag the theme folders with the icons (separate folder) into the correct folder, the folder does appear in my phone, but my phone just loads a stock springboard. I tried doing this with a few different themes and it happens with all of them. Im def. missing something. Does anyone know?

Use Fugu or Cyberduck from this guide.

This allows you to drag and drop the themes in the Summerboard theme folder.(var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes).