NO OpenSSH Icon?

djf1530

Dec 4, 2007
here is my problem.

I have Jailbreak 1.1.4.
I installed OpenSSH, I can WINscp into my phone and make changes, but i have no icon on my phone for OpenSSH. I think its always on. SO for now I am UNinstall ans Install evrytime i use it. Anyone know how to get the icon back?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
There is no icon for OpenSSh, not that i know of...you can install it and then install a program called BossPrefs and when you open BossPrefs you can turn SSH on.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
There is no icon for OpenSSh, not that i know of...you can install it and then install a program called BossPrefs and when you open BossPrefs you can turn SSH on.
so with that u can turn it off ? and would that save battery ?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
so with that u can turn it off ? and would that save battery ?
Well i'm pretty sure the phone defaults turn ssh off when its not in use, this is just a way to be able to turn it on without having to install and uninstall open SSH

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well i'm pretty sure the phone defaults turn ssh off when its not in use, this is just a way to be able to turn it on without having to install and uninstall open SSH
Nope. Unless you turn it off or uninstall it, SSH is always running in the background, rapidly eating up you battery.

- John

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Nope. Unless you turn it off or uninstall it, SSH is always running in the background, rapidly eating up you battery.

- John
I can attest to that. Turn it off when not in use, by all means, or battery life is as brief as Hayesimus's time as a heterosexual! LOL LMAO---Oh, I made myself laugh!
Just having fun with ya, Hayes!