No Problems with my iPhone, Am I the only one?

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
but its not something u can retrun and get fixed. i don't count tht as a problem.
lol, so if the keyboard was missing the E key, and Apple wouldn't fix it, you would "not count that as a problem"?

I love how passive people are. Apple basically screwed everyone who got the phone by putting in a pathetic speaker, and because they have yet to fix it, you consider it not to be a problem.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I've had my iPhone since iday. It has worked everyday without a hitch. I've never had any of the problems discussed in this forum. I think the iPhone is one of the greatest products that I have owned. :laugh2:

Am I the only one on their first iPhone?
No problems with mine either. I feel fortunate after reading this forum.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Enough whining

Switch to a Blackberry already.
I love my iPhone. No problem so far. Speaker's good enough for me.If I want stereo, I use my earphones. (My iPod has a problem even worse: no sound at all without earphones, yet nobody complains.)
I connect to my home computer with Remote and have access to my huge iTunes library from a distance. I looove the camera. The best pics I've ever had on a phone.
Mt Evans, CO, taken yesterday:

Last edited by a moderator:

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Only problem with mine is the it freezes a few times a day. Maybe like 3 times, but hey not that big of a deal, i guess until I start missing calls. I called Apple and they said just bring it in. The only problem is taking it to the store in Chicago is like over an hour drive. So, Im just gonna wait until it gets really annoying or I'm in the area. I love this thing!

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
ok missing an e key and the speaker not being super loud on a call is a big differnce. im sure they can raise it a little my ipod is loud on the speaker.

R1 Kid

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
No problems here. My great wife stood in line for about 30 mins before the Apple store opened on day 1 (#93 in line actually). No problems other than the known issues that should be fixed with the update(s). Tip 101: it is after all a computer so a shut down every couple days will yield less issues like random shut downs. Still happens, but is way way less frequent.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Why? There are many thousands of people with flawless iPhones.
just a lil superstition to living the moment up, if you ever seen movies where someone says, "it cant get any worse than this" it does, or the boy that says i haven't ever been to the hospital and then gets sent to the ER a week later. lol

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
mine is perfect

bettery can go for 2d 18h on standby, and 10h 38m of usage without charging.

NO problems whatsoever.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Screen 5 for me yay! haven't had any problems a power cycle here and there hasn't fixed.. Doh!... time to call the Apple hotline.. Im missing the "Any" Key on my keyboard! :p

dovebar27

Jul 28, 2007
I've had problems--just nothing I'm not used to. Mostly, I can't stand the keyboard lag when I go to websites like livejournal.com or forums like this one and I try to type--in portrait or landscape mode--and there are those times when the keyboard lags on me, even after I've emptied out my cache/history. (I don't like emptying cookies because I've got some passwords that I don't like having to re-enter via the iPhone...it's a bit of a hassle.) Overall, though, I haven't had any problems, and I still think the iPhone is awesome. :)

Anyway--at least one person's pointed out something along these lines...that people who will speak up at all are in the minority and the huge bulk of people who buy iPhones (or Blackberrys or Sidekicks or other devices in general) won't speak up online at all. They'll go away and use the devices. Most people WILL like their devices and will be very pleased, though they won't try to change or mod their devices, either. The people who speak up at all online are generally the ones who have anything negative to say, unfounded or not. So the trolls, the haters, the folks who bought the devices because of the price tag and/or any prestige or popularity associated with them but don't know how to use them and/or don't care to know how to use them, the folks who bought the devices because they genuinely wanted them and just had plain bad luck with them...those people are more likely to say anything. And people who have anything positive to say are less likely to speak up--just because they're that satisfied, surprisingly enough, and because they don't see a need to say anything if they're happy with what they've got. In many of these device-related forums, it's not long before a thread or two just like this one will appear: "I haven't had any problems with this device! Am I the only one?" and people will speak up and provide that glimmer of hope that the device isn't as bad as the rest of the forum might imply it is.

If there's anything I've learned as a gadget freak, it's this...these devices aren't as consistently, horribly awful as people in forums like this one will claim they are. If they honestly were, the whole world would've known about it by now--it'd be all over the news. There'd be recalls of the product and they wouldn't be for sale till they've resolved the problem(s). Yeah, there are products that have slipped through the cracks, but not many--most of these companies get burned right away when they put out an honestly sub-par product. As for forums like this one...yeah, they're definitely useful. But they can be a bit of a double-edged sword, too. If you're doing research on a particular product, you have to know how to pick through the BS to figure out the truth about that item. Usually, cross-checking with sites like cnet.com, or gizmodo, or pcworld, etc, helps with figuring out what's true and what's not.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
The only "problem" I have is that the camera seems to have a magenta tint in the center, with green in the corners that has been reported elsewhere. I'll probably see if I can swap it out in another month or so after the hardware builds have stabilized.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
You are not alone. I bought my phone on iDay too and it's been flawless since that day. I love it.:)
i have two iPhones and both seem ok. Besides the usual hickup's like safari crashing and slow responding keyboard in landscape once in a while, all is well on this end