No Service phone next to full bar phone issues

djmusic5

Aug 29, 2007
For some odd reason in my house i will constantly drop from full strength/bars to "No service"/no bars. My iPhone will remain with no service usually for serveral minutes. I have tried restarting and it still have no service after booting back up. only after several minutes will it come back. When this happens i have compared to another att phone side by side and that phone has full strength and never drops out while at my house. This is my second iPhone and i had the same problem with my first iPhone. Any thoughts on this issue?

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
For some odd reason in my house i will constantly drop from full strength/bars to "No service"/no bars. My iPhone will remain with no service usually for serveral minutes. I have tried restarting and it still have no service after booting back up. only after several minutes will it come back. When this happens i have compared to another att phone side by side and that phone has full strength and never drops out while at my house. This is my second iPhone and i had the same problem with my first iPhone. Any thoughts on this issue?

lets put it this way....i'm in the same room with 4 other people who have 3g iPhones and mine always drops service while there's keeps on trucking! plus there will be times where we all have full service and 3g and they are surfing the web with no problem and mine won't work at all unless i switch to edge....

from what i heard, roughly half the 3g iPhones are having major issues with connectivity to 3g and att in general....which is why Apple keeps putting out these updates, especially 2.0.2 which is supposed to get you a better connection....obviously with mine it does not....i'm waiting for the 2.1 update which will HOPEFULLY fix all these issues.....but that remains to be seen!

djmusic5

Aug 29, 2007
whoops forgot to mention this is NOT a 3G iPhone. just a reegular