No Service, tried restoring but no luck?

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
So ever since I came home, went to sleep, and woke up.. my phone has No Service now for some reason? I've tried updating to the new software, resetting my phone, rebooting my phone, ejecting the sim card and putting it back in, syncing my phone, etc. and sometimes it will go to the edge network for a second then drop back off. The other AT&T phones in the household seem to have service just fine

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Turn off the 3g if its on and see what happens. when i go to non 3g areas and turn 3g on its always "no service"

it might help

redstar299

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
go to general - reset- reset network settings

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
This happened to me. The only way we were able to restore the connection was to restore the phone as a new phone.

Nov 2, 2010
Hi guys,

i have jailbroken my 8gb 3g and no i always get no service. has anyone got any ideas to what may have happened or what will fix it?

Cheers

bekay10

Dec 3, 2010
Plymouth UK
I have same problem. I used a website to buy software and now get no service with any sim. Let me know if you have any luck please, or if I can help you in any way
Cheers Bernard

Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
don't buy a software 99% a scam ....are you using a legit sim . Or is the phone unlocked using Cydia?

bekay10

Dec 3, 2010
Plymouth UK
Hi the software seemd to work ok, to a point and it loaded Cydia on to my phone. How do I unlock using Cydia? Ive never jailbroken before so this is all new ground for me.

bekay10

Dec 3, 2010
Plymouth UK
don't buy a software 99% a scam ....are you using a legit sim . Or is the phone unlocked using Cydia?
Oh Yes I have legit o2 pay and go sim which worked fine before, also a vodafone sim but no credit on it but it shows VodafoneUK in my Samsung and gives a signal, but not in my 3G

bekay10

Dec 3, 2010
Plymouth UK
Errrr, Ummm Yes I did. I got it from automaticiPhoneunlocker.com Wanna check it out?

bekay10

Dec 3, 2010
Plymouth UK
I didn't go for shareware or stuff like that cos im always afraid of getting spyware chucked in as a bonus
#

Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
Why would you pay for something that is 100% legally free from the dev team. People take the software and sell it to mugs for a price when the REAL creators charge nothing and run on donations ....

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
Ok, point taken. Now, is there anything I can do to get this fixed please?
The problem is we have no idea what that software did to your phone. I know your intentions were good, and you just wanted to make the JB process easier, but those jailbreak/unlock companies almost always cause more issues than provide the service they advertise.

I hate to say it, but I think a full restore may be your only option. You'll lose your jailbreak, but if you visit redmondpie.com, they provide simple, easy instructions to jailbreak your phone yourself. If you get stuck along the way, or have any questions, always use the forum search here first (to make sure no one has asked the question first), and if you don't find what you're looking for, leave a new post and we'll hash it out together.

I really despise those companies. They prey on the average Joe who wants a quick and easy way to JB/unlock, and often leave you high and dry when the customer had a problem...

bekay10

Dec 3, 2010
Plymouth UK
Thanks for that, Fearofnormalcy. Yep, thats what I feared. So it might be a hardware issue then. Ok I'll try a full restore tomorrow and try that link you suggested and I'll be back here either way to let you know how I get on.

That website I made the purchase from doesn't seem to be interested in customer support. Ah well, a lesson learned.....

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
That website I made the purchase from doesn't seem to be interested in customer support. Ah well, a lesson learned.....
Now, before you do a full restore, try this:

Settings-General-Reset-Reset Network Settings

This may reboot your phone into Safe Mode, but don't worry, it's common. Just tap "Restart" and your phone will respring (restart the springboard...it may appear frozen for about 15sec...don't panic, it's fine) back to normal.

If that doesn't work, make sure you do the Restore through iTunes. DO NOT use the Reset Everything function under Settings-General-Reset: it almost NEVER works.

bekay10

Dec 3, 2010
Plymouth UK
Hi, Is it locked to O2 by any chance? I had same issue with 'no service' and I finished up restoring it through iTunes (unjailroken) then applied to O2 to get it unlocked legitimately. my phone now works A1. You can only do this if the contract has expired and its a very easy process. There is no jailbreaking to do and the phone will work with any sim. I would imagine that you could do this with any service provider. Although they told me it would take up to 14 days mine was actually unlocked next day. The 'no service' will be fixed once you connect to iTunes and restore the phone.

i have jailbroken my 8gb 3g and no i always get no service. has anyone got any ideas to what may have happened or what will fix it?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

bekay10

Dec 3, 2010
Plymouth UK
Hi guys,

Cheers
Hi, Is it locked to O2 by any chance? I had same issue with 'no service' and I finished up restoring it through iTunes (unjailroken) then applied to O2 to get it unlocked legitimately. my phone now works A1. You can only do this if the contract has expired and its a very easy process. There is no jailbreaking to do and the phone will work with any sim. I would imagine that you could do this with any service provider. Although they told me it would take up to 14 days mine was actually unlocked next day. The 'no service' will be fixed once you connect to iTunes and restore the phone.