No set release date for flash

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I saw that this morning also. I still think flash and c/p and on the horizon. Maybe not Tuesday, but soon. MMS is another matter. With the flat $20 data rate MMS poses a different problem. ATT will either raise that rate or charge extra on a per transaction basis.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I saw that this morning also. I still think flash and c/p and on the horizon. Maybe not Tuesday, but soon. MMS is another matter. With the flat $20 data rate MMS poses a different problem. ATT will either raise that rate or charge extra on a per transaction basis.
Why would they raise the rate or make it a per basis cost? Right now I bet it costs them more in data movement due to how unreliable this ancient system of viewmymessage.com is. My wife sent me a picture yesterday. I copied the log/pass down (as this is a revolutionary device!) and went to the site, attempt 1, error, attempt 2, error, attempt 3 access! wait, the picture is a ?, attempt 4 success! What a nice picture. 20 min later, my boss out of a meeting, I want to show her, attempt 1 failure, 2 failure, 3 failure, she laughed, I walked away. At my desk, attempt 4 failure, attempt 5 success! I run to her desk and show her and she says nice, forward it to me. Firewall snags it from my desktop, back to the phone to share the link, she gets it and asks why it is not on her phone..... and why does it expire in 7 days..... So anyway. I walk away. Later in the day wife asks me if I got it since I did not respond and she wants to see it. Repeat any of the above.

So, if the phone had MMS I would have accessed it once for sure, twice maybe. As is I went there about a dozen times and had luck accessing it after multiple times. I think they lose money as it currently stands. MMS seems to me to be cheaper.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Why would they raise the rate or make it a per basis cost? Right now I bet it costs them more in data movement due to how unreliable this ancient system of viewmymessage.com is. My wife sent me a picture yesterday. I copied the log/pass down (as this is a revolutionary device!) and went to the site, attempt 1, error, attempt 2, error, attempt 3 access! wait, the picture is a ?, attempt 4 success! What a nice picture. 20 min later, my boss out of a meeting, I want to show her, attempt 1 failure, 2 failure, 3 failure, she laughed, I walked away. At my desk, attempt 4 failure, attempt 5 success! I run to her desk and show her and she says nice, forward it to me. Firewall snags it from my desktop, back to the phone to share the link, she gets it and asks why it is not on her phone..... and why does it expire in 7 days..... So anyway. I walk away. Later in the day wife asks me if I got it since I did not respond and she wants to see it. Repeat any of the above.

So, if the phone had MMS I would have accessed it once for sure, twice maybe. As is I went there about a dozen times and had luck accessing it after multiple times. I think they lose money as it currently stands. MMS seems to me to be cheaper.
No way would I go through all that for a low-res MMS picture in the first place.

Just have her email it to your gmail account. 2 seconds later, you've got the picture in full resolution.