No Signal after PWN

tymphillips

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
I tried the pwnage tool and afterwards I couldn't get a signal. And iTunes sometimes will see my iPhone sometimes it won't. I was able to restore back to 1.1.4 and everything is working fine now. After I went through the steps and iTunes came up. I did restore all my info like txt, pics, settings, etc! Any ideas what I need to do to PWN again...?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Are you on an AT&T contract? Or locked via another carrier? I am an AT&T user (never been unlocked) and found that when I left the 'Activate' checkbox selected when running Pwnage Tool, signal / phone function was dead and gone.

When I re-ran it making sure NOT to select Activate, phone was happy and working ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Patrick nailed it for you. In Pwnage (as well as other jailbreaking utilities), the Activate checkbox is for those who have unlocked phones.

- John

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
I just replaced the lockdownd file with stock, and AT&T service came back.
No worries..........

Feb 26, 2008
Exactly how do you replace the lockdownd file with stock?I lost my signal with AT&T also and have no idea what to do next. I'm jb'd, on 1.1.4, and locked with att. This happened after trying to get my youtube and email fixed. Well now they are both up and running but I can't make or receive calls. I used winscp and am really new to the ssh stuff. Please help