No SIM card inserted

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nujsimon

Apr 22, 2012
Quezon City, Philippines
This happened twice already this week, last Sunday and Today. Suddenly the screen displayed "No SIM card Inserted" on my iP5. Turning off/On did not resolve the issue that I have to take out and insert back the Nano SIM. Is this a SIM card defect or device problem. I just got the iP5 last December and it only happened lately.

Btw, this is my 3rd Nano SIM since there was a carrier network problem that subscribers were encouraged to place the original Nano Sim to non lte sim since LTE has not been approved yet by Apple, and when LTE was approved, the carrier telco provided as with a new Nano LTE SIM card which is the present SIM Im using and having this issue.

nujsimon

Apr 22, 2012
Quezon City, Philippines
I tried cleaning the sim a little, by just wiping it off a clean cloth before inserting back in the tray. So far the problem hasn't recurred yet and hoping it would not show again. Im from the Philippines and subscribed in 1 of two telcos that carry the iPhone.

Sent using iCafe app on my iPad

Feb 3, 2013
Sorry to hear that, maybe it's a hardware problem. because if it's your 3rd sim already then I guess it's not the sim that's not working.