No Slingplayer for iPhone

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Sounds exactly like their quote from when people originally reported Slingbox was going to be available on iPhone. Essentially they said, "We are looking forward to the SDK." They've just reiterated that. Nothing more, nothing less. They just weren't one of the developers who received an advance kit.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Sounds exactly like their quote from when people originally reported Slingbox was going to be available on iPhone. Essentially they said, "We are looking forward to the SDK." They've just reiterated that. Nothing more, nothing less. They just weren't one of the developers who received an advance kit.
There was false rumors that there would be an immenent release and that inside sources indicated that they had been working on it already, which was of course untrue.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
oh for the love of all software. Please give me the ablity to watch sports games on the iPhone. That is all im asking for. NO MMS... NO COPY PASTE.. JUST SPORTS GAMES

And maybe ablity to stream xm

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it's the software needed to view a video stream from a slingbox. A slingbox is a device that sends a video signal (most commonly cable or satellite) from a location with high-speed internet out to the internet to be viewed from any other location with high-speed internet.

so this would basically allow you to watch your TV on your iPhone... provided you have high-speed internet.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
it's the software needed to view a video stream from a slingbox. A slingbox is a device that sends a video signal (most commonly cable or satellite) from a location with high-speed internet out to the internet to be viewed from any other location with high-speed internet.

so this would basically allow you to watch your TV on your iPhone... provided you have high-speed internet.
aha... That sounds mad useful

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
more misinformation... go figure.

oh well, i don't have high-speed internet to take advantage of a slingbox anyway.
Is cable/DSL or any other high-speed connection still not available in your area or do just choose not to get it? I would be devastated still using dial-up, because the "high-speed" in Gainesville is still ridiculously slow.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
still not available... all I can get is satellite service which way more expensive than what it's worth. one of these days...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang, that's pretty rough. Satellite Internet is FAR too expensive, we looked into it back when cable internet wasn't available in my area and the setup alone was several hundred dollars, for speeds that were considerably slower than DSL or Cable.