No SMS when number has been ported?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
I can not receive SMS sent from websites? I was told that since I "ported" my number it doesn't work? What's the deal, is that just temporary till all the records are changed? I can receive SMS from other phones and I did get my SMS from Apple about my $100 credit code. I just wonder why I get no SMS when sent from a website such as txtDrop.com?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I can not receive SMS sent from websites? I was told that since I "ported" my number it doesn't work? What's the deal, is that just temporary till all the records are changed? I can receive SMS from other phones and I did get my SMS from Apple about my $100 credit code. I just wonder why I get no SMS when sent from a website such as txtDrop.com?
You will have to wait for these websites to update there servers. Since you just ported over the sms's meant for your phone are still going to your old provider. It will all straighten out in few days.

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
You will have to wait for these websites to update there servers. Since you just ported over the sms's meant for your phone are still going to your old provider. It will all straighten out in few days.
Thats what I was thinking, I hope you are right, however I ported my number over a month ago.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Thats what I was thinking, I hope you are right, however I ported my number over a month ago.
I seriously doubt this won't fix itself, if it's been over a month.

You need to go to the Websites where you gave your number for SMSing and delete your old number and re-enter it again. Perhaps you will also need to give your provider (AT&T, naturally).

It could be that you even gave your SMS info based on the SMS email gateway (e.g., 1235551212@messaging.sprintpcs.com). If so that will need to be changed.

No matter what I wouldn't accept the BS answer that you are forever locked out of SMS just because you ported your number.

--
Mike

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I seriously doubt this won't fix itself, if it's been over a month.

You need to go to the Websites where you gave your number for SMSing and delete your old number and re-enter it again. Perhaps you will also need to give your provider (AT&T, naturally).

It could be that you even gave your SMS info based on the SMS email gateway (e.g., 1235551212@messaging.sprintpcs.com). If so that will need to be changed.

No matter what I wouldn't accept the BS answer that you are forever locked out of SMS just because you ported your number.

--
Mike
I porter my number and all is well.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Just tried txtDrop.... not working for me. I wonder if it's something to do with AT&T or the site itself?

Since I ported my number I receive other texts though...