No sound on refurbished iPhone 3G

bluenose

Mar 6, 2009
Just got a refurb iPhone 3G and after two days the sound has crapped out on me from the speaker no music no ringtone no click no nothing. I tried all of the suggested things plug and unplug headphones a bunch turn on and off reset in menu reset using home and power button and restoring through iTunes even starting from scratch as a new phone. None of it has worked for me. Im sure the answer id take it to an Apple store but i live 2 hrs from the nearest. any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Phone is not nlocked jailbroken or any of thise things that i have no clue what they are. thanks in advance

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Just got a refurb iPhone 3G and after two days the sound has crapped out on me from the speaker no music no ringtone no click no nothing. I tried all of the suggested things plug and unplug headphones a bunch turn on and off reset in menu reset using home and power button and restoring through iTunes even starting from scratch as a new phone. None of it has worked for me. Im sure the answer id take it to an Apple store but i live 2 hrs from the nearest. any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Phone is not nlocked jailbroken or any of thise things that i have no clue what they are. thanks in advance
If you don't want to drive down two hours, try calling Apple. They should replace it. Good luck. And welcome to EiC!

bluenose

Mar 6, 2009
thanks prob will just end up drivin the 2 hrs make sure i get done what needs to b done

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just in case you decide to ship it, from what I've heard, Apple is very fast with replacements. If you send it on a Monday, you'll likely have a new one by Wednesday.

bluenose

Mar 6, 2009
Well just got off the phone with Apple and they said they would pay for me to ship it back and send me a new one which would prob be thursday or friday next week or they could set me up an appoint ment and i could go to an Apple store in STL and they would give me a new one so Im gonna go get the new one myself don't think i can be without a phone for a week. For what irs worth customer service through Apple was stellar. Prob should have watedto say that till i get the new phone oh well thanks for the input

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
did you flip the silent switch up? Just a thought and I didn't see that in what you have tried.

bluenose

Mar 6, 2009
Yep did that too. I made sure that i did a major search online for any and all probs oh well like i said foin to Apple store in morn for a replacement.

bluenose

Mar 6, 2009
Went to Apple store got a new phone in like 10 mins they were real easy to deal with no probs what so ever

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Went to Apple store got a new phone in like 10 mins they were real easy to deal with no probs what so ever
That does my heart good to read this. I've just recently come from Sprint and have had nothing but problems.