No SOUND on ZiPhone jailbreak 1.1.3

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
So I just JB'ed using tinman's post with the easy ziPhone one click process of jailbreaking to 1.1.3. Everything works fine but after a while I don't have anymore sound. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
So I just JB'ed using tinman's post with the easy ziPhone one click process of jailbreaking to 1.1.3. Everything works fine but after a while I don't have anymore sound. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
Have you tried a restore? I would try a restore, then , if you have sound, try to j/b again. that's all I got, sorry!

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
Yes this is my 2nd time restoring and jailbreaking. Sound was fine for like a couple of hours then suddenly disappeared. Ugh! What is the problem here?

jtesnani

Dec 11, 2007
i just read in a different forum that if you have bsd subsystem and openssh installed, and you do a hard reset, your sound will be gone. the way to fix this was to go into settings and reset all settings, do a reset of your phone again and you'll get the sound back and should permanently fix this issue. i hope this helps.

bhenner

Aug 29, 2007
Yes this is my 2nd time restoring and jailbreaking. Sound was fine for like a couple of hours then suddenly disappeared. Ugh! What is the problem here?
I had the same issue and the fix for me was as simple as plugging in my headphones then unplugging them.

m3sport

Feb 16, 2008
i just read in a different forum that if you have bsd subsystem and openssh installed, and you do a hard reset, your sound will be gone. the way to fix this was to go into settings and reset all settings, do a reset of your phone again and you'll get the sound back and should permanently fix this issue. i hope this helps.
Thanks for the tip! I have them both installed and now all my sound works... Whew!
:laugh2:

Yorgi

Mar 4, 2008
Thanks! Reset all settings worked for me too. I lost all sound after installing BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH.:cool:

vtec236

Sep 11, 2007
Colorado
I was having the same problem, did this and now i have sound thanks

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
This was the very reason I was unjailbroken again. Re-jailbroke tonight, followed these steps and now I have sound again!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
awesome have my sound back.. man this is great.. my wife is getting pissed at me I really need to stop with this..