No Sound or Music

Sep 24, 2007
I cant seem to hear or talk to anyone on the phone unless it's on speaker. if I call someone, it feels as if it's on hold but if I click speaker, it works fine. Same with voicemail, when I play it, no sound but click speaker it works fine.
Also the ipod doesn't work on it unless I use a headset.
Can anyone please help me with this and I certainly hope I can do something without resetting it. Thanks in advance

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Try restarting. (power off, power on) If that doesn't work, do a hard reset. (Hold power and home buttons.) If that doesn't work, Restore in iTunes.

- John

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Have you used the ipod recently? If so insert headphone jack and take it out again. When you remove the jack it sometimes causes the speaker to not work. May not be your problem but worth a try. If this doesn't work, see what other post you get. If no solution you may have to restore.

Sep 24, 2007
Thank you so much. I put in a headset and took it out and it worked and played a song I hadnt played in a long time but it worked.
Also this may belong to another thread but I have iPhone version 1.02 I believe if I upgrade to 1.13, will I need to do anything else to make sure all my current apps like customize and installer work, if so what?
Thanks again for the advice.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I believe the early indications are that you will lose everything. I don't know that much about modding so I will leave that to others. There is a thread under general about the new update.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you upgrade to 1.1.3 from 1.0.2 then your modifications from 1.0.2 will be ERASED. However, it's likely that not all of the Apps will be erased and your phone may not operate properly. If you're wanting to upgrade to 1.1.3 and don't care about losing your Apps, then I suggest you restore in iTunes first and then update, thus clearing the phone out completely and not leaving a chance of remnant Applications. If you don't want to lose your 3rd Party Applications then you should wait to update until the hackers and such have successfuly jailbroken 1.1.3.