no sound. phone thinks that its attached to an attachment.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 10, 2007
I plug my phone into my car's stereo through an ipod attachment. It always asks me about the whole "turn on airplane mode" stuff. I would always say no. I didn't have any problems before, but now I have problems. Since it always thinks that it's attached, it keeps asking about turning on the airplane mode even though it's not. I don't mind tapping the "no" but that means that I have no sound because it thinks that it should be feeding all the sounds into the attachment.

Funny thing is that when the phone is actually attached to my stereo, the ringer sounds through my stereo, always has. But now that this problem has come up, the ringer only vibrates but the alarm sounds through the phone's speaker!

Can someone help me tell this phone that it's not always attached to an accessory?!?!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I plug my phone into my car's stereo through an ipod attachment. It always asks me about the whole "turn on airplane mode" stuff. I would always say no. I didn't have any problems before, but now I have problems. Since it always thinks that it's attached, it keeps asking about turning on the airplane mode even though it's not. I don't mind tapping the "no" but that means that I have no sound because it thinks that it should be feeding all the sounds into the attachment.

Funny thing is that when the phone is actually attached to my stereo, the ringer sounds through my stereo, always has. But now that this problem has come up, the ringer only vibrates but the alarm sounds through the phone's speaker!

Can someone help me tell this phone that it's not always attached to an accessory?!?!
Your iPod connector might not be able to properly function with iPhone. I have several iPod gizmos that keep malfunctioning on me. One of them drained my iPhone battery to less than 10% in half an hour.
It's probably a good idea not to use anything that hasn't been proven to be compatible. Meanwhile, have u tried to reset the iPhone and see if the problem recurs?

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
same exact problem....infact thats why i just came on, im in the car typing this now.....

The phone is useless now, i cant hear anything, i tried to make a call but i couldnt hear the other person....what do i do? Do i have to reformat? I've turned it on and off like 50 times....

Sep 10, 2007
it seems that my phone still thinks that it is attached to something that asks it to play the ipod. at the slider screen, it shows a song playing...

i'm afraid to restore the phone for fear of it automatically updating the phone to 1.1.1 right now, i am quite happy staying with 1.0.2 because i am waiting for an easier 1.1.1 jailbreak for windows.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO

I finally couldnt find a solution so I restored my phone....and updated it...

STILL doesn't ****ING WORK

now I have none of my 3rd party apps, I forgot how garbage this phone was stock...

Now It still doesn't make any sound, cant have any phone calls....and now I don't have any mods ever ever again....

Im about to put a hammer to this phones screen....

Sep 10, 2007
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO

I finally couldnt find a solution so I restored my phone....and updated it...

STILL doesn't ****ING WORK

now I have none of my 3rd party apps, I forgot how garbage this phone was stock...

Now It still doesn't make any sound, cant have any phone calls....and now I don't have any mods ever ever again....

Im about to put a hammer to this phones screen....
eh, i tried to do an update, hoping to fix the problem and then return the phone to 1.0.2, but that didn't do a damn thing. i ended up just bringing it to the Apple store and getting a new one.

equus

Jun 29, 2007
LOL..plug in your iPhone headset to the phone, start a song, stop the song get out of ipod>>>> remove headset, plug it in and unplug a couple of times and it will work after that. Please try to use iPhone compatible devices as much as you can as I have seen a lot of users having problems with non-iphone compatible accessories. i hope "someone" will make a ton of accessories just for the iPhone.geez, you would think by now this would have flooded the market:p