No surprises left for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by PGSoul, Dec 14, 2011.

1. PGSoul

PGSoul Guest

I read this article on the other site.He says "Im probably gonna wait till the beginning of 2012, specifically the CES (or whatever its called) in February, where its supposed to be announced the new super phones, like SGS3 and others. Im very happy with my iPhone 4, but its starting to fail."

Considering the high specs that some Android devices are gonna have next year, what surprises can Apple come with to keep interest on the iPhone? We already know it will have a 4 screen with high resolution. What else? Maybe A6 quad core? Another cool point would be a even better GPU for games, but aside from that I don't see any great new features that can be included, mainly because Apple is not the kind of people that will introduce stuff like NFC, DLNA, etc.

So, considering this, do you guys believe the iPhone 5 will surprise us just like the next high end Android phones? I gotta admit Im more interested in seeing what the SGS3 has than the iPhone 5. I think it could be because iPhone 4S was a disappointment to me.

#1 PGSoul, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Who is he?

Where did you pull this 4 screen from also?

3. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I hope they have some new state of the art batteries to power these devices for a reasonable period of time. It's not great for any device on any platform now.

4. Jarred

Jarred Contributor
    Bronze

Competing with the constant wave of Android devices at a hardware level is probably a bit hard if Apple stick with one release a year. Their best bet is by competing at an OS level.

5. Spawser

Spawser New Member

Hello. So how is it going with new iPhone?

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I don't think Apple is concerned with competition when designing iOS devices, they have a cult following that will not only choose their product but will also excuse and defend its shortcomings. I've been guilty of this at times. At the end of the day, I prefer stability and simplicity.

Sent using iCafe app

7. Spawser

Spawser New Member

Yeah, iPhone (1,2,4,5) is not about hardware or software, iPhone is a symbol!
    It seems to me that 90% of Smartphone users use them just of calling, texting and Internet.
    So buying new phone is not about functions, it is about something else.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Sometimes it's about the smooth integration of hardware and software, not kludgy, half-baked implementations. And yes, I've used a Galaxy SIII. Just the simple act of streaming from my hard drive to my TV was a major undertaking compared to my iPhone's AirVideo app. Make Android smoother and less hassle to use and maybe I'll reconsider. Pretty bells and whistles may distract me for a short time, but in the end I want smooth functionality without having to worry about whether or not a particular app runs on my phone. Laughable.

Some of us don't blindly follow the crowd or defend our products' shortcomings. Some of us actually like the product. That may be a difficult concept for some to comprehend, but it's actually true.

9. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

lolno

10. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

I am an X Galaxy S3 user and I gave that pice of ***** for 2 reasons

1) Apps close randomly (FC = Force Close)

2) The virtual keyboard is crap. Even with SwiftKey3 installed, it simply sucks major azz compared to the precision of the iPhone

this is coming from a first time iPhone 5 user who used to only own BlackBerry's in the past so it ain't biased in any sort as I am not an Apple fanboy, just stating, it's all about the user experience not hardware IMHO

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Please stop trying to skirt our profanity filters.

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I used the GS3 also and have to disagree with your keyboard comment, iPhone keyboard is no match to swift key . FACT

Sent using iCafe app

13. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Agree. I miss the S3 keyboard. It's about all I miss from the S3 but the keyboard and some of the bells and whistles were nice.

Sent using iCafe app

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Opinion. Don't be so melodramatic.

Picasso is the greatest artist of all time. FACT.

See how easy that is? :)

15. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

LMAO fine but I like drama hahahaha

Sent using iCafe app

16. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

We heard you the first time. FACT. :D

17. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

YOU heard him the first time isn't even a fact. You read what he posted (supposedly) the first time.

And we all know mice cant read.
    :)

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Lol accidental dour post and this time truly a FACT :)

Sent using iCafe app

19. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Oh geeez. I dumb. bashwall.gif

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Dour?! Ya sourpuss.