No tethering options in Beta 3.0 3

bmtespar

Oct 3, 2007
Atlanta
hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone might know why I do not have any tethering options on my phone. I go to settings, general, network but have no options to tether. My carrier settings are AT&T 3.5 in the about section. I previously had 3.0 2 and had downloaded and installed the AT&T carrier settings file. I installed beta 3.0 and restored from back up. Then I restored as new. no luck. any suggestions?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
It is because you need to update the carrier file again in order to get the setting again, it needs to be on carrier 5.0.

bmtespar

Oct 3, 2007
Atlanta
It is because you need to update the carrier file again in order to get the setting again, it needs to be on carrier 5.0.
I was under the impression that the version 3 beta had the settings built in 3.5. Any idea where to download the file? I have the the payload file and left it zipped and renamed it to a .ipcc file and updated the carrier settings. Apparently I must have done something wrong cause it is not working.

bmtespar

Oct 3, 2007
Atlanta
thanks. I guess i was misunderstanding and installing the wrong file. I found the 5.0 file and installed it with no problems and FINALLY have the option to tether.