No texting

SMP

Aug 19, 2008
The first week i had my iPhone the texting worked great. After that i have been unable to send texts and receive them only intermittently. I have reset the phone and updated to 2.0. Any suggestions?:(

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I would call ATT (assuming you are in the US and it is a 3g phone you are talking about) and see what they have to say. It might be something on their end. Does your other data service work (web, email?). After you speak with the ATT people they will tell you if you need to go in and return the phone and pick up a new one. They may also try a restore. Finally the 2.0.2 software is out. That update may help out your problem.

SMP

Aug 19, 2008
I would call ATT (assuming you are in the US and it is a 3g phone you are talking about) and see what they have to say. It might be something on their end. Does your other data service work (web, email?). After you speak with the ATT people they will tell you if you need to go in and return the phone and pick up a new one. They may also try a restore. Finally the 2.0.2 software is out. That update may help out your problem.
Thanks for the info...i went to the AT&T store...they told me to call
1-800-iphone and be prepared to wait up to 8 hrs for support. I will call AT&T today and see what they have to say.....Thanks again!

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
Better off going to a genius. Do you live near an Apple store? Make an online appointment.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
They seriously told you to be prepared to wait up to 8 hours?

The Genius Bar is no better. You get to see someone next week from 2010 and then you've got to deal with an idiot who thinks he knows everything, cos he works for Apple. Apple nerds don't know anything and just tell you to restore, and then change your phone. A 5 year old can do that.

Thanks for the info...i went to the AT&T store...they told me to call
1-800-iphone and be prepared to wait up to 8 hrs for support. I will call AT&T today and see what they have to say.....Thanks again!

SMP

Aug 19, 2008
Yep...thats what they told me....8 hrs! Anyway, I came home and went to the AT&T support chat and was told basically...well given erroneous info. I was so miffed i call AT&T direct and actually got the whole thing worked out. Texting had been disabled on my phone and it was reinstated. Not sure how i was receiving random texts. Anyway....text was enabled, turn the phone off and on and got a $41 credit to my acct for the aggravation. I think the rep knew i was on the fine line of having a melt down. AT&T came through again! Thanks for all your help!