no vibration?

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
I recently replaced the LCD on my iPhone 3g. everything (including vibration) worked great! then seriously from one text to the next the vibration stopped. it will not work. I've restored completely from DFU and everything. Heres the kicker....I open the phone while its on just enough to separate the glass from the housing and vibration works. as soon as i try to reassemble the phone vibration stops...completely. When i replaced the LCD, i had to remove some tape on the side for the screws...i didn't put it back on and vibration was good for a short time. I've tried putting tape back on the side i removed it from still to no avail. I know the motor is still good and its not a software problem. Any Ideas?

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Well I fixed the promblem. Hopefully forever (or at least till it's sold on eBay). The vibrate motor's connectiontabs needed to be bent back up. I did that and it work. Then I put the new incase slider I just bought yesterday back on the phone and it vibrated really rough like the weight was hitting the motherboard. Then it stopped again. So I took the case off again and opened it up and wiggled the motor and voilà. So I'm not putting the incase slider back on and I'm returning it to the store. It squeezes the phone so tight it messed up the motor. Glad I tried it out onthe 3g before I messed up the 3GS I'm getting tomorrow. :laugh2:

EDIT: Not to really hate on the incase slider but it has small ridges inside the whole case next to the silicon rails. these ridges were sharp in my case and the bottom piece scratched my phone...perfectly straight lines where the ridges are.