No Video conferencing, no buy for me!

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
GPS, 3g not enough, only thing thats going to get me to buy one and pay for 3g is video conferencing. anyone else agree?

according to engadget, no video conferencing, we'll see.......

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
GPS, 3g not enough, only thing thats going to get me to buy one and pay for 3g is video conferencing. anyone else agree?

With a camera in the front the phone will look ugly. Apple will not do it.

It is just a phone, what do you expect it to do? Video conferencing is not necessary in my opinion. I will not use it. Though I would like iChat.:p

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
ugh... I could really care less about video conferencing... all I really care for is the 3g and for it to come in black. it would be fine if its included but I wouldn't mindif its not

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007

Sure you will

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
With a camera in the front the phone will look ugly. Apple will not do it.

It is just a phone, what do you expect it to do? Video conferencing is not necessary in my opinion. I will not use it. Though I would like iChat.:p
I know, my iMac looks horrible with that camera on the front of it... :p

I agree, I get WiFi most places, but really would only upgrade soon if it had
video chat.

Nov 21, 2007
picture texting

all i care about is picture texting

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't know of many other U.S. phones that are video conference compatible so I don't think having the ability on the iPhone would be that useful. Not the feature I want the most that is to say.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'll admit I laughed a bit when VC hit the rumor mill. I mean, with all the other areas that the iPhone needs to improve first, that would be a rather tangential and complex step for Apple (and AT&T), with little benefit to the end user (at least at first). It would be ground-breaking and neat, but useful? Not really.

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
I think it will be more novelty at first, however, if they are adding iChat, might as well make it like the one on the computer.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
VC is not a priority on my list but i just wanted to point out that IT IS POSSIBLE... i was on the att website and there is a option to add one way video streaming to your plan... the tech is there.... its up to them to make it happen...

another thing is that they will probably ask like 15 additional for VC.. that is just insane..

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I could care less about video chat. I might use it once to see it work then it would be pretty much useless to me. Video chatting with your cell phone is kind of retarded IMHO.

May 6, 2007
United States
I do not plan on getting one anyways, but I agree that 3G and GPS would not be enough. Video Conferencing would be awesome to see, but it might be a bit rough at first. Who knows what Apple can do though?

Unless Jobs has something huge under his sleeves, unlike the Air or the iPod Touch, which were OK launches, I will be keeping this awesome old device we called the iPhone back in my day.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank

How about being able to say, "I have the new iPhone." or something like that? :p

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I wouldn't really use it. Maybe once or twice for fun, but it's definitely now high on my wish list. Video Recording sits at number one.

- John

Redcap

Jun 8, 2008
Hi all! Guess im the first norwegian on the forum.

Since August 2006 i had the SE K800i with 3G and video conference posibility. It was fun to play with in the beginning but it got boring real fast. I do not think ive used it in 2008 and i don't miss it.
That said i might start using it with ichat and i will offcourse buy the phone anyway as soon as it is available in Europe....hopefully soon.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
ya it would be so tight to have it though....that is one of my main deciding factors also it would be really convenient because i know so many with iPhones

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
I use the video option often on my iMac, either talking to friends out of the country, or to my nephews. There is a need for it, just not for everyone. If it allows you to video with people on computers, that would be very useful, otherwise, not so much