No video MMS

Saints

Bronze
Jul 24, 2009
New Orleans
The other thread got so long I wanted to make a new one. I got MMS working all fine yesterday , I can send pics and video, BUT I can not receive video, only pics. I called At&t and they said that video was not enabled with the update...wtf? I asked her if video was not included with the update then why could I send video, she replied that you could send it, but receiving it was not enabled and they didn't have a date of when it would be...

Has anyone been able to receive video?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Actually, the official MMS thread is there for a reason. The mods are pretty much merging all new MMS-related threads into that one.

In response to your question, I've successfuly sent myself a video MMS, but I haven't received any feedback yet as to whether anyone has gotten the MMS videos I've sent them.

Saints

Bronze
Jul 24, 2009
New Orleans
Actually, the official MMS thread is there for a reason. The mods are pretty much merging all new MMS-related threads into that one.
Sorry I didn't see an "official" MMS thread. I did see this and the 10 other MMS threads, but after reading 15 pages with another 22 pages to go in the thread that I linked, I gave up and made this one to see if At&t has told this to anyone else or if anyone was receiving video.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I haven't received video yet, but I've sent video and the recipients (one on a 3G and another on a 3GS) both were able to view.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm scared to accept videos from you. ;)

Ping me @ dave and I'll give you my number.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Dave, can I have your number too? Sometimes I get bored and I like to prank call people.

Saints

Bronze
Jul 24, 2009
New Orleans
Ok I received a video so the At&t lady didn't know what she was talking about. The thing is the video I was trying to send from my wifes phone (Sprint) to my 3GS was 28 seconds and I could never get it. I tried another video that was 7 seconds and I got it. There must be a limit on video size and it would seem to be a very small limit, 28 sec isn't very long.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Interesting... I'd also like to hear some reports on video MMSs received from other carriers/phones. Would be good to find the allowable "parameters"