No Video Recorder App?

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I read months ago that someone had created an application to turn the iPhone camera into a video camera. It was part of a contest to see who could make the most useful applications for the iPhone and these guys won first place.

I've searched the App store and I don't find any video recorders. I've also searched this forum. There are voice recorders, note recorders, etc. Did I miss it? Does a video recorder for iPhone 2.0 exist?

VasiliosKN

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
NY - Miami
I read months ago that someone had created an application to turn the iPhone camera into a video camera. It was part of a contest to see who could make the most useful applications for the iPhone and these guys won first place.

I've searched the App store and I don't find any video recorders. I've also searched this forum. There are voice recorders, note recorders, etc. Did I miss it? Does a video recorder for iPhone 2.0 exist?
I didn't see it either. To be quite honest, I regret updating to 2.0 considering i had a jailbroken phone with many more useful apps.... im a bit underwhelmed.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I agree it's disappointing no video recorder. I will wait until this shows up before I make the leap.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
As a corporate user, I am stoked at finally having Exchange email / calendar support. No way would I wait around for a video recorder... but then I didn't hack my iPhone either.

There are hundreds of apps in the appstore already... it's kind of cool.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
As a corporate user, I am stoked at finally having Exchange email / calendar support. No way would I wait around for a video recorder... but then I didn't hack my iPhone either.

No doubt. It is cool. There are some great apps. I just don't understand why video recording didn't make the cut. Perhaps Apple is going to release its own recorder, and it's not ready, yet. I can only hope.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
I'm surprised iPhonevideorecorder is not there yet. I've been using it pre 2.0 and it's decent. This is from there site:

1, Can it run on 3G iPhone?
We are going to update this app as iPhone firmware upgrades, and it will be made to smoothly run on 3G iPhone. We are also preparing for listing in AppStore. Registered users are entitled to permanent free upgrades.

http://www.iPhonevideorecorder.com/about.html

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Patience, dragonfly.

Frankly, I'm really surprised at the AMOUNT of apps available on launch day. It REALLY separates the iPhone from ANY other mobile phone out there.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Upgrade

I was just waiting for a Video Recorder to upgrade but I just got uSirius (Sirius Satellite Radio) to work on my iPhone and the bar has just been raised again.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
A video recorder will be there. There's no way that one will escape the AppStore.

- John

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey

Is this functionality available on the first generation iPhone when it is updated to 2.0 or is it a hardware driven capability only available in iPhone 3G.

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
nothing yet people? I have been looking all day for flash and video and nothing found. Anyone got an update?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
nothing yet people? I have been looking all day for flash and video and nothing found. Anyone got an update?
Flash will not be coming via the AppStore. No question about it. If it does come at all, it come via a firmware update from Apple.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I loved the video app on Installer I hope it comes out soon in the app store it was a great app well worth paying for.

SwingOnThis

Bronze
Feb 29, 2008
I was just waiting for a Video Recorder to upgrade but I just got uSirius (Sirius Satellite Radio) to work on my iPhone and the bar has just been raised again.
What is uSirius? Can't find it in the app store. Is that only available for jailbroken phone? I'd really like to stream my Sirius on my iPhone!

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland

How do you feel about the extra 15 dollars on your data plan, just because you are corparate?

scudder

Bronze
Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
iPhonevideorecorder will be in the app store soonish, they already have their voice recorder uploaded.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
We'll see. Voice and Video are two different things. If Apple is going to do video recording, then they aren't going to let anyone else do it. Let's just wait and see.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I don't think I've ever seen a good looking video taken by a phone. All my previous phones had video capture but everytime I used it I was very underwhelmed at the quality, even from expensive smartphones. It is a feature that I personally don't miss at all. The way I describe the iPhone to people is that it can do what most smartphones can do, just in a much better/cooler/easier way. This would not be the case if it had a video recorder, it would look like crap just like all the other phones that record video. Useless IMO...