no warranty? big mouth? no problem

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
so i was at the mall the other day and i had to go to the Apple story because my sisters iPod was unresponsive. anyway, while i was waiting in line at the genius bar(because my sister decided to not sign up for a conceriege time and i luckily got the last one, at 850 on saturday night..) there was a guy infront of my with an iPhone with a screen that was very cracked. likr at least 20+ on the screen. i overtly listened in on what the situation was but also decided to ask the genius while it was my turn at the bar.

me: so did that guy have to pay anything?
g: <*sigh> he should have but he raised such a scene with the manager that he got a replacement for free.
me: wow! doesn't the replacement screen usually cost $249?
g: yes...

so i guess i learned, that when pust comes to shove, you can really get anything replaced under warranty, depending on how much of an ass you want to make out of yourself.

and the customer was being a complete tool about the whole situation too. i mean i looked at the case he was using and it was a red form fit Incase that does not even cover the screen! he should have gotten NOTHING!

either way, maybe this will help some of you with any questions you had about the 14 day warranty.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
see i feel this guys pain im all about making a fuss because honestly i just don't care and i work in a deli and the customer is always right or at least thats what im told we had a similar story today at work... this lady ordered 3 pounds of tuna and egg salad 6 pounds food total on saturday... she came back today to complain about the food she said she would bring it in to show us we asked her to bring all that was left and we would refund her her money( we have the best tuna chicken and egg salad in town bar none..if your ever in stamford,CT and want a good bagel and great chicken, egg, or tuna salad stop by Liz-Sue bagels, 63 highridge road, stamford CT 06905 lol shameless plug ) she came back with a total of 8 ounces of food or half a pound from 6 pounds all she had left was a half a pound of chicken salad now we said listen lady you ate 5 1/2 pounds of it was it really that bad and she insisted it was horrible ... we gave her her money back and a dozen bagels on the house... needless to say if you complain enough and the people really care about their customers you will get what you want... some of us paid 600 and change for the phone and got no insurance plan to begin with and a lousy 14 day warranty....i think that is a total slap in the face luckily Apple is about serving the customer and actually give a crap... if he took that to motorola/verizon they would make him A. Pay for the phone and B. sign a new 2 year agreement....im glad we can complain and get replacement with all the iPhone lacks its the least they can do!

billybuds

Nov 13, 2007
Well here lies my problem,

After work today I put my phone in my pocket, when I got home and took it out my screen was cracked, really badly. Now honestly I have no idea how this happened, I can't recall knocking it or bumping into anything and I certainly didn't drop it.

So I as a customer am seriously annoyed about the build quality. A phone should be able to withstand everyday life without the screen cracking.

What does everyone think my best course of action would be. I have rung up Apple to be told that it is not covered by the warranty, I told the operator on the phone that I was very unhappy with the build quality etc. etc. he then passed me to a supervisor, who has told me to go to an Apple store and see if it can be repaired. Now I am no electronic expert but there is no way the screen is going to be able to be repaired.

I have never been someone to kick up a fuss, but I am mightily p***ed off and hearing this story made me think I maybe should. Any thoughts?

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC

After work today I put my phone in my pocket, when I got home and took it out my screen was cracked, really badly. Now honestly I have no idea how this happened, I can't recall knocking it or bumping into anything and I certainly didn't drop it.

So I as a customer am seriously annoyed about the build quality. A phone should be able to withstand everyday life without the screen cracking.

What does everyone think my best course of action would be. I have rung up Apple to be told that it is not covered by the warranty, I told the operator on the phone that I was very unhappy with the build quality etc. etc. he then passed me to a supervisor, who has told me to go to an Apple store and see if it can be repaired. Now I am no electronic expert but there is no way the screen is going to be able to be repaired.

I have never been someone to kick up a fuss, but I am mightily p***ed off and hearing this story made me think I maybe should. Any thoughts?
Trust me, kicking up a fuss works at least 90% of the time. Ever hear the saying "nice guys finish last" ? I guess being a native NY'er, I'm used to kicking up a fuss, but I notice the nastier I get, the better results I get, go figure.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston

unfortunately they cannot mend the broken glass and is does cost around $249 to have the screen replaced(you could do it yourself if you're good with electronics but it is still the same price :\). and i understand where you're coming from because i would be mad myself. i mean it really all comes down to what you're willing to do.
1. make a little fuss and get what you want
2. just have them replace it for $249

i personally would probably try and get them to fix it for free but even then i woulnd't feel too cool about that..

agh.

Jul 23, 2007
We brits don't like conflict! Im going to give it a go i guess!
I've gotta call BS on that one

I've seen ya'll at soccer (football) games...:p

"Manchester United football team! Eh? The best freakin' team in all the land! Whoo-hoo!"
-Scotty (he doesn't know)
Eurotrip