No white iPhone 5 advertising?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I ordered a black 64 GB on preorder night and I like it a lot so far. A lot.

I had a black 4, white 4s and I'm thinking about exchanging for white. Before ordering this one i searched on Apple.com and barely saw any white iPhone pictures so I figured they were really pushing black. Now, there are no white iPhone commercials? BUT, their head marketer says that black of course will scratch and expose its natural silver color(which the white iPhone features out of box). Why wouldn't you push the one that won't scratch? My MacBook pro's corners on the lid are folded in from falling off the nightstand once, yet there are no scratches.

Moral: I made an impulse decision of buying a black 5 and I can either: exchange for black or always live in a case

Do you guys mind the black bars on smaller screen apps with the white one?

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
And this is ALL because I debated at the time of purchase not bc of the scratches or scratch gate or whatever. Mine arrived perfect! I just wanted to know if anyone knew why Apple is choosing to use black over white. I thought that white was kinda their color?

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I think black is being advertised more because compared to white black is the one that looks more different compared to the iPhone 4/4s. White iPhone 5 looks more similar to the 4/4s more so than black. In other words black is the one that most obviously looks like the latest iPhone model.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I wanted the black one (64GB) but the local AT&T Store did not get any on iDay, so I ended up getting a white one. I had the 4S in white and liked it, and after looking at the two (black and white) iPhone 5's side by side, I think I like the white a little bit more. One of my co-workers pre-ordered the back/slate version and he loves it and it does have a distinct look, but so does the white version.

As to the comments about the black bars for apps that aren't updated for iPhone 5 yet, I don't really notice them much even against the white border.

My iPhone 5 is in a case anyway, so the back of the phone isn't visible except through the camera hole. But not everyone wants or needs to use a case. I am just kind of sensitive to keeping it as secure as possible.

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I actually got ahold of the Apple.com online manager. White iPhone is on the way, I get to send mine back when the new one arrives. Perfect! Although, this was a mishap by a previous employee... Apparently they aren't supposed to switch colors.

DON'T GET BLACK :)

You're on an Apple fansite. Get white :) trust me. :) It's your intuition if you use MacBook Pros or iMacs.... Slate: leave black for Sony ... ;P

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
It's for marketing, black is the most common look for a phone and the iPhone ads will show black because it's primary and appeals to more people than white. So I'm still looking forward to my new shiny white iPhone 5.