"no wi-fi"....is there a fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vice86, Dec 24, 2011.

1. vice86

vice86 Member
    Bronze

Woke up this morning to my wifi no on my iPhone 4...go to check if its on and I see its grayed out only showing "no wi-fi"....so is there even a fix for this? I went as far as restoring my phone and nothing. What's really annoying is that I spent almost $100 to have the cracked screen replaced by a computer place. Is it possible that they may have screwed something up and its only showing up 5 days later now?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Try a hard reset/reboot and see if that helps.

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I don't recall where the wifi antenna is but f it didn't get reattached properly then it could have wiggled loose from the screen replacement and is just showing up now.

4. vice86

vice86 Member
    Bronze

well I fixed it. I googled around and found one blog where a guy said he had his screen replaced also and then he had the no wi-fi issue. When you take the back cover off, the plate at the top has 5 screws...all different sizes that have to go back in the right way. He saw that his weren't put back the right way and when he put them all in the right spot it worked again.

I decided to give it a shot and sure enough the screws were in the wrong place..and to make things worse..1 was missing from the plate and 1 was missing from the 2 screws for the vibrator mechanism!

Anwhoo, i put them in the correct location and my wifi showed back up again...whew.

I am annoyed with the company that did the screen replacement for me though....careless to lose 2 screws on me and not even put them back the right way screwing up my wifi. I'm gonna complain and I'd like a few bucks back for my troubles.

5. vice86

vice86 Member
    Bronze

crap..its back to "no wi-fi" again...HULK SMASH