No WiFi access

No clue

Oct 6, 2013
I had an iPhone 4 that would not connect to wifi. I just upgraded to 5 s and it wont access wifi either. I restored my iPhone 4 to my new phone. All orher family members have iPhones and all can access our wifi. Any ideas?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I had an iPhone 4 that would not connect to wifi. I just upgraded to 5 s and it won't access wifi either. I restored my iPhone 4 to my new phone. All orher family members have iPhones and all can access our wifi. Any ideas?
Try doing a restore on the 5S as new, not from a backup. See if it connects after that.

Nrevezzo

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Canton, Mi
There could be a number of things causing this problem that have nothing to do with your phone. Does your router limit the number of connections? Does your router filter on MAC address? Are you using the same wifi security; WPA vs WPA2 etc...

Can your phone connect to an external wifi such as AT&T at McDonalds or Starbucks?

No clue

Oct 6, 2013
My phone did connect to work wifi today , so it has to be my home router. Ill have to check settings. Everone else can use it but me

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
My phone did connect to work wifi today , so it has to be my home router. Ill have to check settings. Everone else can use it but me
Sent using iCafe app
Look and see if there also is a firmware update form your specific router and apply it.