No WiFi

jbrapl

Sep 30, 2007
I got the same prob

when i go into setting wifi is grayed out and it just says "No Wifi"

if i restore it will i hv to unlock it agian?

I got the same prob along with no sound in external speaker, also couldnt dial a #. I turned it off three times and restarted(as suggested on one of the blog) and nothing happened. Then I tried resetting the phone using "Reset All" option under settings-general-reset. Now I lost the Tmobile signal as well. Does that mean I put it in locked mode ! Please someone advice....

(However I can still use it as ipod with headsets)

ACIDMX

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Honolulu
Bump for same problem.

What should we do? Call Apple and send it in? My phone wont restore to virgin. And the IMEI is unknown. Version 1.0.2

sibrahim

Sep 29, 2007
same problem

i have the same problem...except how it happened to me might be different. i was playing soduku when it forze then i decided to master reset the phone by holding the top button and the home button at the same time. when it restarted it came back with a msg saying sim locked where it cannot detect my sim again, no wifi ( greyed out in settings) and no sound :( i dunno wut to do...thing is i cannot send it to Apple as i live outside the U.S
i hope there is a simple solution for this :S

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I'm sorry I cant offer a solution that would solve your problems; but I can say this- If your phone has been unlocked and your using it on TM, sending it to Apple may not do you much good. I don't think Apple is offering support for unlocked phones.

I hope you do find a solution. Maybe someone here will be able to help you all out.

Godo Luck

pattirj67

Mar 10, 2009
I am not able to turn my wifi on my 3G.
It's not that there is no wifi network, the wifi optioni n my settings is not turning on at all. It just says off and is faded gray. Will not let me do anything.

Any suggestions?

TIA
Patti

Correrott

Apr 24, 2009
Try simply turning your phone off, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on. Have had that happen once or twice across 4 different iPhone 3g. Option was then lit up and worked.

pattirj67

Mar 10, 2009
Thanks,
I have re-booted a number of times and it doesn't come back.

I will eventually visit the Apple store with this problem, but it's not imprtant enough for me to run now.

coreyb

Jul 2, 2007
i'm having the same bull**** problem. this morning it was working fine. updated to 3.0 and now my wifi says "no wi-fi" and bluetooth says "unavailable". i tried to restore again, restart a few times. nothing works. 3.0 broke my iPhone!

Correrott

Apr 24, 2009
There are other attempted solutions spread throught these forums (unfortunately, that was the only one I know worked for me,) and a little digging will bring you some other ideas to try. Have you ever been able to access wifi on your phone? I'm on my second 3g because the wifi on my first would fail to find any networks. Took all of 2 minutes for the Genius at Apple to give me a replacement when he couldnt find the network at the store, so if ones close to you and other solutions don't work, definitely worth the trip.

Xiren

Dec 8, 2009
Hello.
I had my iPhone connected just fine to my wifi, until Comcast had an outage. Everything is back up, computers are on The Net, but I can not connect my iPhone anymore.

I go to SETTINGS.
Wi-Fi
The router name does not show, so I touch OTHER.
I enter the Network name
Select the Security
Enter password
But I get the error "Could not find the netowork "networkname"

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance.

Xiren

Dec 8, 2009
Ok.
I went back into my router Admin account and changed the GHz from 5 to 2.4. I was then able to connect. Why can't I use the higher range?