noise cancelling Bluetooth for iPhone

aphotog

Jan 2, 2008
atlanta
I already know the jawbone is the best-noise cancelling headset and works with the iPhone. Is there an alternative to those who do not want the HUMONGOUS headset on our person.....:confused:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
It appears that one isn't noise cancelling...

I have the Jawbone cheese grater, I don't think there is anything else to compare. If you are a girl you can hide it with your hair. Me, I wear a spotlight on the side of my head aimed at the grater, like I want everyone to know I have the biggest and the best.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Isn't noise canceling a bit of a waste when it's only in one ear?

Or is it for audio into the mic?

At any rate, that Jawbone looks heavy - is it?

(I'm still looking for the perfect headset... sigh..)

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Isn't noise canceling a bit of a waste when it's only in one ear?

Or is it for audio into the mic?

At any rate, that Jawbone looks heavy - is it?

(I'm still looking for the perfect headset... sigh..)

No it is not heavy, I can wear it all day no prob. The noise cancel is if you are on the phone next to a leaf blower, the person you are talking to will only hear your voice. It is not for audio.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I have the Jawbone cheese grater, I don't think there is anything else to compare. If you are a girl you can hide it with your hair. Me, I wear a spotlight on the side of my head aimed at the grater, like I want everyone to know I have the biggest and the best.
Damn! You have the spotlight, too?! I thought I was the only one with one of those shining on my Jawbone!

Well, so much for exclusivity...:(

aphotog

Jan 2, 2008
atlanta
Guess if I break down and get the Jawbone I can grate fresh nutmeg into my hot chocolate w/whipped cream. That would be a plus. Of course it will be a pain to curl my hair right to cover the contraption, unless I cut down my routine and skip the eyeshadow, stick to just liner and mascara.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Guess if I break down and get the Jawbone I can grate fresh nutmeg into my hot chocolate w/whipped cream. That would be a plus. Of course it will be a pain to curl my hair right to cover the contraption, unless I cut down my routine and skip the eyeshadow, stick to just liner and mascara.

Don't cut down on anything. Just think you can drive, talk via the jawbone and put your makeup on at the sametime. Awesome.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have 3 BT headsets now. the first is the Nokia HSW8...I think. It's the one that goes over and behind the ear with a little boom on it. Good talk time, the thing is fairly loud (in some cases, deafening) and it's comfortable for a short time. I put it in the built in sunglass case in my Pathfinder and ....I found it after purchasing the other 2.
the Second was a Samsung WEP410. It's very small and light, decent ear piece to fit in your ear with the optional loop as well. Looks very nice, and as long as the phone is in line of sight, it works well, with a slight tendency to get "muddy" here and there. It can definitely be loud, but loud and muddy is, well, loud mud.
My last one I got because I loved the styling, and there was nothing else I was willing to spend my 100 store credit on. The Apple BT Headset.
Of all 3, this one is tops. I can barely tell I am wearing it most of the time, and now have gone 2 days at work of forgetting it was in.
Obviously comfortable, loud- which is great when I am driving down 1-75 and I have the window cracked for my cigarette and I am on the phone with my wife. The only complaint I would have is that there is not more control in the headset. Volume and anything above "answer and hang-up" has to be done on the iPhone.

tangfj

Aug 31, 2007
You should check out the Blueant Z9. I have both the jawbone and the Z9. The Z9 comes very close in terms of voice quality and has a much more comfortable design and the charger has a much better cable to connect for charging! I *edit thanks KNK didn't know about that* really dislike the charging cable for the jawbone...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
You should check out the Blueant Z9. I have both the jawbone and the Z9. The Z9 comes very close in terms of voice quality and has a much more comfortable design and the charger has a much better cable to connect for charging! I hate the charging cable for the jawbone...

Don't say "hate", Chris has banned that word. Say "Dislike"

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i second what KNK said about the jawbone. it's not heavy at all and i find the noise canceling to be very effective. and i particularly like the feature that automatically adjusts the volume in relation to the amount of noise around you to ensure you can hear the voice of the person you're talking to. great headset all around, imo.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i second what KNK said about the jawbone. it's not heavy at all and i find the noise canceling to be very effective. and i particularly like the feature that automatically adjusts the volume in relation to the amount of noise around you to ensure you can hear the voice of the person you're talking to. great headset all around, imo.
When I have the top down on the car it is very effective. Also have you ever tried to talk and hear over the phone in a noisey restaurant? This is the true headset for that very occasion.