Nokia Here!

1. Torinate

Torinate Member Bronze

Well, just downloaded this.

A wee bit more accurate so far than Apple maps. (Not saying much I know)

Well, it has me on the same side of the road at least. It's still off by 7 houses though. With Apple, it's off by 9 houses and says I live across the road. I only searched once for the address though. With Apple, it took me 4 searches to find my town. Even then it said I was in a different town than where I actually live.

No street view! FAIL!

Google - old app or the web app (which is ungodly slow and cumbersome) always pinpoints me exactly where I live. It's never steered me wrong, literally.

Jury is out on Here though. I will wait until tomorrow when I need it to tell me where an address is or a town is. But as of right now, it's not off to a good start.

I must qualify this for some...

This is my observation only. Based in Ontario Canada. Within an hour drive of 7 or 8 million people...

Your mileage may vary.

2. talon90

talon90 Contributor Bronze

I think it is widely known that I don't have a problem with the current iOS maps app. I upgraded to iOS6 on the day it came out and have been using it as my primary GPS since with zero issues. I realize that is not everyone's experience, but it is mine.

I saw the link for Here and downloaded it. Within 5 seconds the first issue was obvious. My wife and I bought our land in 2004 and built our house in 2009. The Here app shows me as a dot on an empty field. The iOS map app shows me in my house within five feet of where I sit as I post this.

Here is the image from the Here app:

8654d453af88152ee7bfe4b374ca2fed.jpg

Here is the iOS app:

6f38e7bce954b3c6b842333dc6290657.jpg

I guess I'll keep using the default.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Torinate

Torinate Member Bronze

That's good.

Just for fun, I tried the same thing.

Google maps web app has me right where I am. Except, the satellite still shows vacant land. We built 6 years ago!

Apple maps show me sitting in my neighbors driveway. Literally. It's probably 60 feet from where I actually am. But, satellite shows my house and the neighbors too.

Satellite is more correct with Apple. Actual spot where I am goes to google. If I search for
    My own street address, google has it 100% and Apple has me 7 or 8 houses away - across the street.

There is no correlation between actual satellite imagery and actual places.

Found that interesting though.

5. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius Gold

Maps

image.jpg

Here Maps

image.jpg

Maps has always worked well for me since iOS launch. Satellite imaging looks better.

6. imutter

imutter Genius Gold

There is nothing like "Siri take me home!"

7. Torinate

Torinate Member Bronze

Lol.

Not for me! Has me going to a house down the road.

Turn by turn is great! Of course, I have to verify every address with google before I accept it. Unfortunately, Apple maps is still wrong at least half the time. I get so frustrated when it just can't find the right town or even country. But once I have the exact address from google, I'll go into maps and drop a pin. Then navigate to it. Frustrating to say the least! But the turn by turn is very nice!

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius Gold

Explains why my wife is pregnant. :)

• Like Like x 1