Nokia N97 puts Apple iPhone on the defense

S

samblackaudio

Nokia needed a high-end phone to limit Apple’s raid of market share in the smartphone. That device was announced today and while there was very little information on the specifications of this new phone, called N97, it is clear that it will take the iPhone’s goal to be a great Internet and communications device as well as the term “smartphone” to a higher level.
http://www.freshbite.info/fnews_1228270846_11142.htm

Sounds cool though, I just only fond of my iPhone.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ai, we're gonna have a lot of this in the coming months around here, huh?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The thing is, the N97 won't hit the US until LATE next year. We are always the last to get the phones like this. By that time Apple I'm sure will have seen what it can do and will do something to keep us on the iPhone crack. I'm not saying it will happen I'm just saying that a lot can happen between now and when the N97 finally hits the US.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
As much as I love Nokia and their innovation, and as sure as I am that I will have an N97 as soon as it launches, I doubt Apple is losing much sleep over the N97.

Apple has the US market. Nokia has no carrier relationships in the US and that doesn't look to be changing much, although Best Buy is selling N series and E series phones on contract through Tmobile. The average person in the US isn't going to pay full retail price for an unlocked, unsubsidized phone.

Also, touch resistive screen? ugh. Why does Nokia seem to go all out on their phones and then leave one feature that leaves you scratching your head. Happens on every one of their phones.

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
Phone looks pretty cool. I like that it has so much storage plus the SD card.

A

AIETOO

I have heard about the N97, but don't know much about it.